Windows 10: Halo: MCC Windows 10 doesn't remove game files when uninstalled?

Discus and support Halo: MCC Windows 10 doesn't remove game files when uninstalled? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I try and uninstall Halo: MCC from my Windows 10 PC, the game removed itself from the Xbox app and the Start menu, but doesn't release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nidge35, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Nidge35 Win User

Halo: MCC Windows 10 doesn't remove game files when uninstalled?

Hi,

Whenever I try and uninstall Halo: MCC from my Windows 10 PC, the game removed itself from the Xbox app and the Start menu, but doesn't release the space? I have located the game files in G:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Chelan_1.1520.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe and a second directory named "Microsoft.Chelan_1.1716.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". Both are sized at roughly 85GB. As hard as I try, I cannot delete these files. If I reinstall Halo: MCC, Windows recognises that the files are still present and just creates new shortcuts rather than redownloading the files.

Does anybody know how I can resolve this? I could really do with that space back!

Thanks

Nidge35

:)

Nidge35, Aug 16, 2020

2. Unable to download Halo MCC on PC

Hi,

I am unable to download the Halo MCC on my PC through Xbox (Beta) app and Microsoft Store. Whenever I start my downloading of the Halo MCC (which includes Halo Reach, Halo CE and Halo 2:Anniversary currently), nothing gets downloaded because of the following
    errors -

1. Halo MCC says that the error is related to one of it's add-on not being downloaded.

2. Halo Reach, Halo Ce and Halo 2 says that the error is not downloading the app or game it works with

Hence, there is a circular dependency among these applications and nothing is being downloaded.

I have tried the following steps so far -

1. Checked my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription (it is active)

2. Reset and Terminate Microsoft store and Gaming Services and did a restart.

3. Reinstalled the Xbox (beta) app

4. Cleared all cache and temp

Nothing has worked so far. Please help me with this.

UnkemptArc99, Aug 16, 2020
  3. xAmorfide Win User
    Halo MCC PC

Hi,

I know Halo MCC (specifically Reach), will be released on December 3rd, 2019. Is there a specific time this will be released?

xAmorfide, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Halo: MCC Windows 10 doesn't remove game files when uninstalled?

Halo : MCC for PC installation - Cannot Find Device

Hello! So i got the pre-order of MCC and now, release date! Went to the Purchase history on the Microsoft Store to download. NO DEVICE FOUND. (meaning my computer) hmm... So i made sure i was currently Signed In thru my Microsoft Account. CHECK! I signed
    out, and resigned in. NO fix. I went thru my OWNED list of Apps, where i also see Halo : MCC with a ! where INSTALL should be. Hover over and it says that I cannot install that game on my current Device (Windows 10) a couple days ago, i made sure windows and
    PC were up to date, which they still are.

So what am i doing wrong to install the game onto my PC? It was made for the PC.

NathanRinger, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Halo: MCC Windows 10 doesn't remove game files when uninstalled?

1. Halo: MCC Windows 10 doesn't remove game files when uninstalled? - Similar Threads - Halo MCC doesn't

2. halo mcc update on steam doesn't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    halo mcc update on steam doesn't install: I try to install the new april update for halo mcc but when it comes to 8,67 GB it shows that it needs to install 11 GB but then it stops i reanude it and it goes to 8,67 GB again and that continues happening since 2 days ago on a loop...
  3. halo mcc update on steam doesn't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    halo mcc update on steam doesn't install: I try to install the new april update for halo mcc but when it comes to 8,67 GB it shows that it needs to install 11 GB but then it stops i reanude it and it goes to 8,67 GB again and that continues happening since 2 days ago on a loop...
  4. Uninstall Error 0x80080204 when uninstalling Halo MCC downloaded from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Error 0x80080204 when uninstalling Halo MCC downloaded from Microsoft Store: I downloaded Halo MCC from Microsoft Store when I got a Windows 10 HP Pavilion 360 Convertible. I have been unable to Uninstall Halo. it is taking up the space on my computer, but no longer opens as I found the files for the same in File Explorer and deleted them thinking it...
  5. Halo MCC Games are locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo MCC Games are locked: Halo MCC is installed as well as every game however every game is locked. When I try to start the game it just gives me a message saying "Halo 2 DLC Required. Halo 2 is not installed. Would you like to visit the Microsoft Store?", and when I click yes, it tells me to sign in...
  6. HALO: MCC CHEATING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HALO: MCC CHEATING: https://hardcoregames.video.blog/2020/09/02/halo-multiplayer-issues/ I have run across lots of problems with player v player. There is obvious use of aimbots and worse. I have also opened a discussion on Steam about it. Clearly the Easyanticheat is not effective. I am...
  7. ModifiableWindowsApps and Halo MCC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ModifiableWindowsApps and Halo MCC: I have the master chief collection installed through the Xbox app and it created folders in Program Files\WindowsApps (Microsoft.Chelan) as well as Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps. This folder in WindowsApps is 33.2 GB and the folder in ModifiableWindowsApps is 24.9 GB. I...
  8. Cannot uninstall or install Halo: MCC on xbox game pass for PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot uninstall or install Halo: MCC on xbox game pass for PC: Tried to uninstall and reinstall halo: MCC through game pass as I was running into issues. However it now will not uninstall despite the game files supposedly being gone. The icon remains, however if you try the launch the game nothing happens. If i try to install, it flashes...
  9. halo: mcc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    halo: mcc: installed halo:mcc and reach on my pc from microsoft game pass client, when I click play the client closes and game doesn't load. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/halo-mcc/957fde5e-8944-472f-b1da-7536c55df724
  10. Halo MCC purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Halo MCC purchase: I bought the MCC a while ago on xbox via the store as a digital purchase. As far as I'm aware, both xbox and pc use the same Microsoft store (not an xbox store and a Microsoft store separately). That being said, will I be able to download the MCC on pc when it's released Dec...