Windows 10: Halo won't launch correctly

Discus and support Halo won't launch correctly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yes, I still play Halo on PC, the version that came out in 2003. It worked fine a couple days ago. I just tried to launch it, and it did not open to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JOSHSKORN, May 22, 2020.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

Halo won't launch correctly

Yes, I still play Halo on PC, the version that came out in 2003.

It worked fine a couple days ago. I just tried to launch it, and it did not open to full screen. In fact during the loading screen, it paused more than normal, then the game minimized itself. I heard nothing, and see my Desktop. I had Google Chrome open at the time, which is normal. It reduced its size similarly to what you see in the screen shot, which is normal as well. I then click on the Halo task along the Taskbar and I see this screen, and also hear the game running. However, the screen is black and I'm unable to interact with it, aside from moving my mouse around and hearing the normal sounds I would hear when I do this.

The only thing I've done to my computer over the last couple days was, I uninstalled Oracle 12c and installed Oracle 19c. That's it.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Edit: I tried a different shortcut I had, and the only difference is it has '-window' in the target of the shortcut to open the game in a Window. This worked just fine, but I've never had to use that, which is strange. Any idea how I can get it to work the normal way?

Halo won't launch correctly [​IMG]

:)

JOSHSKORN, May 22, 2020
  2. JOSHSKORN Win User

Yes, I still play Halo on PC, the version that came out in 2003.

It worked fine a couple days ago. I just tried to launch it, and it did not open to full screen. In fact during the loading screen, it paused more than normal, then the game minimized itself. I heard nothing, and see my Desktop. I had Google Chrome open at the time, which is normal. It reduced its size similarly to what you see in the screen shot, which is normal as well. I then click on the Halo task along the Taskbar and I see this screen, and also hear the game running. However, the screen is black and I'm unable to interact with it, aside from moving my mouse around and hearing the normal sounds I would hear when I do this.

The only thing I've done to my computer over the last couple days was, I uninstalled Oracle 12c and installed Oracle 19c. That's it.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Edit: I tried a different shortcut I had, and the only difference is it has '-window' in the target of the shortcut to open the game in a Window. This worked just fine, but I've never had to use that, which is strange. Any idea how I can get it to work the normal way?

Halo won't launch correctly [​IMG]

JOSHSKORN, May 22, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Halo combat evolved for PC wont install correctly.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in installing Halo Combat Evolved 2003 version. We will need few more information to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please reply with the following details:

• Do you read any error message when you try to launch it?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

While researching I found that Halo Combat Evolved 2003, is an old game and only compatible till Windows XP, this could be the reason that you are facing issues. I suggest you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and see if that helps.
    Please refer the steps in the article
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 22, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Halo won't launch correctly - Similar Threads - Halo won't launch

2. Halo Infinite not launching after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Infinite not launching after new update: I have today updated Halo Infinite and have tried to launch Halo Infinite from the Xbox app on my PC, it has previously always launched without any issues. However, after the latest update the launching screen for the game appears, disappears after a moment, and nothing...
  3. Halo Infinite not launching after new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Halo Infinite not launching after new update: I have today updated Halo Infinite and have tried to launch Halo Infinite from the Xbox app on my PC, it has previously always launched without any issues. However, after the latest update the launching screen for the game appears, disappears after a moment, and nothing...
  4. Help with Halo Infinite crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Halo Infinite crashing on launch: I recently installed a new hard drive into my pc and after redownloading Halo Infinite through Steam I found the game was failing to launch, I've tried all of the basic trouble shooting solutions, but the game still wont launch, even after verifying files and reinstalling the...
  5. Help with Halo Infinite crashing on launch

Help with Halo Infinite crashing on launch: I recently installed a new hard drive into my pc and after redownloading Halo Infinite through Steam I found the game was failing to launch, I've tried all of the basic trouble shooting solutions, but the game still wont launch, even after verifying files and reinstalling the...
  6. Halo Master Chief Collection Launch Error

Halo Master Chief Collection Launch Error: Hello. I downloaded Halo MCC from the Microsoft Store to my D drive 2nd Hard Drive. I tried to launch the game and I am presented with this... [ATTACH] I tried launching it using the 2nd shortcut from the Start Menu named Halo: MCC Anti-Cheat Disabled Mods and...
  7. Unable to launch Halo Master Chief Collection

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to launch Halo Master Chief Collection: I buyed MMC on Steam several weeks ago. No problem to launch and play the game until now. When I want to launch it, an error messages pops saying that the xaudio2_9redist.dll file is missing no it's not, I checked and that reinstalling the game may solve the problem no it...
  8. Halo Wars 2 not launching on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Wars 2 not launching on Windows 10: I have purchased and installed Halo wars 2 from the store. It installed but the game does not run. It briefly flashes then nothing. Windows 10 is up to date. PC is above the minimum requirements. I have tried compatibility mode. Windows vista, 8 and 7 Does this game run...
  9. Halo PC won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo PC won't launch: First of all, I hadn't played Halo PC in awhile, maybe a couple of months, yet I've had Windows 10 since about Day One. It HAS worked before. I don't know at one point it stopped working, if it was one of the latest Windows 10 updates, that, I don't know. I think it's worked...
  10. Halo: Online Oracle Launcher Not Launching.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo: Online Oracle Launcher Not Launching.: I decided to try and play Halo: Online with other players as i had already been messing around by myself. When i decided this i started with a fresh install of Halo: Online. I but the dewrito updater in there and successfully updated it. now i can launch if i want to mess...