Windows 10: Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing

Discus and support Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Regarding hand-me-down computers; if I get a new computer during the year, I will gift my old computer (the whole kit and cabooodle) to a family member... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by D2Beetle, Dec 6, 2019.

1. D2Beetle Win User

Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing

Regarding hand-me-down computers; if I get a new computer during the year, I will gift my old computer (the whole kit and cabooodle) to a family member or friend for Christmas and in some cases I have received their old computer in a swap.

My first question is; How do I go about transferring the License(s) from my account to the gift receivers account?

My second question is; How to transfer licenses from a hand-me-down swap?

And my last question; or are either/both question moot?

:)

D2Beetle, Dec 6, 2019

2. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Dec 6, 2019
  3. mikek75 Win User
    is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Off topic, but thanks for your avatar TD, you've just reminded me to try and find a download of the film of The Wall-Pink Floyd*Toast :toast:. Ain't seen that in ages*Rockout :rockout:

mikek75, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing

Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing

1. Hand-Me-Down Computers and Licensing - Similar Threads - Hand Down Computers

2. winlogon cant make me shutting down the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    winlogon cant make me shutting down the computer: I found my computer was going wrong right now. I was about to sleep after turning off the computer. when I try to turn off my computer, it shows me a gray screen, and logs in again. I saw the Reliability Monitor and it says Winlogon has an error. can somebody help me? If you...
  3. winlogon cant make me shutting down the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    winlogon cant make me shutting down the computer: I found my computer was going wrong right now. I was about to sleep after turning off the computer. when I try to turn off my computer, it shows me a gray screen, and logs in again. I saw the Reliability Monitor and it says Winlogon has an error. can somebody help me? If you...
  4. winlogon cant make me shutting down the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Purchased a second hand computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased a second hand computer: Hi there!I would just like to ask what are the best ways to go about this.I bought a second hand laptop and it came with Windows 10 Pro installed and activated. The previous owner purchased the laptop with an unactivated Windows 10. When I purchased it from him, he said he...
  6. This is a hand me down computer from my dad, and it used to be owned by Microsoft. Is there...

This is a hand me down computer from my dad, and it used to be owned by Microsoft. Is there...: Hi, like the title states this is a hand me down computer and I keep getting a message when I go to activate that I can't activate due to not being able to connect to the company's activation server... Is there a way to fix this? Thanks...
  7. second hand PC with MAK license key?

second hand PC with MAK license key?: I recently bought a used PC, with Windows 10, on eBay. It had an asset tag on it, so clearly came from a business of some sort. It didn't come with a Windows product key and I was told it has a 'digital license'. Belarc says that the key is not stored on the computer. I found...
  8. Hand Computer Down to Wife - Transfer Windows 10 License?

Hand Computer Down to Wife - Transfer Windows 10 License?: At some point, I'll probably be handing my computer down to my wife. I bought Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store and activated it on this computer. When I pass the computer on, I'd like to make sure the Windows 10 license passes on to my wife's Microsoft Account. Do I...
  9. Second Hand laptop with license issue? or was I scammed?

Second Hand laptop with license issue? or was I scammed?: Hello all. A month or two ago I bought a HP laptop with windows 10 pro but the device has a windows 7 sticker on it. I use this laptop for personal use and today I logged on to find my license is expiring in a month. The seller did not tell me this or that the laptop was...
  10. Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?: My mother just bought herself a stylish red WD Passport external hard drive. Hardware and cable are nice quality and it's showing excellent performance. Of course, it came with the WD backup software. I keep seeing high praise for Macrium Reflect. Is this still the case,...