Windows 10: Handle is invalid

Discus and support Handle is invalid in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenbibtry to log into my computer I get an error message that the Handle is Invalid. Even when i attempt to start in safe mode it still try's to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ritagra, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Handle is invalid

Whenbibtry to log into my computer I get an error message that the Handle is Invalid. Even when i attempt to start in safe mode it still try's to have me log in and gives me that error message

submitted by /u/Ritagra
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ritagra, Apr 20, 2020

2. the handle is invalid HELP!

I'm going through the same thing right now. i tried to go in and come in on safe mode but it still would give me the same error. Now it will take my password, start to log in and bring up my main screen but it blip then goes back to the sign in page where i put my password in it would give that 'invalid handle" message.

mobtonguezilla, Apr 20, 2020
  3. angryuser Win User
    the handle is invalid HELP!

I concur, this has occurred to multiple machines in our environment. Seems to be related to KB3135174 & or KB3124262, I found a nice step by step at the below site. They posted that it was related to Citrix and XenDesktop but it seems to affect a bit more...
    https://sysoperators.blogspot.com/20...-at-logon.html

Thanks all for confirming my suspicions about the bad update(s).

angryuser, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Darkshear Win User

Handle is invalid

the handle is invalid HELP!

All three machines I had this issue with did indeed have the 7.6.300 Citrix VDA installed. I'll be updating them to 7.7 tonight to prevent the issue going forward.

Darkshear, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Handle is invalid

1. Handle is invalid - Similar Threads - Handle invalid

2. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  3. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  4. Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid: I am currently unable to enable Bitlocker on a Windows 10 device as I receive the error "The Handle is invalid". All our devices are built the same but for some reason BitLocker will not enable on this one device. Unfortunately, we have 3rd party software installed which...
  5. Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid

Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid: I am currently unable to enable Bitlocker on a Windows 10 device as I receive the error "The Handle is invalid". All our devices are built the same but for some reason BitLocker will not enable on this one device. Unfortunately, we have 3rd party software installed which...
  6. Windows 10 Bitlocker Handle Invalid

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid: Please would you be able to help me fix this error: Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-clean-up-file-history-data-the-handle-is/aea76400-8ebf-43a5-ac9e-b56f836f4a6d
  8. Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid

Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid: Please would you be able to help me fix this error: Could not clean up file history data The handle is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-clean-up-file-history-data-the-handle-is/aea76400-8ebf-43a5-ac9e-b56f836f4a6d
  9. Invalid file handle when renaming file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...
  10. Invalid file handle when renaming file

Invalid file handle when renaming file: Hi,some time ago I exported a file from Exchange Server. The output file was called con.pst.However, it appears that con is a reserved file name. Whenever I try to rename or copy con.pst I get an Invalid File Handle message.Is there any way I can rename this file so it can be...