Windows 10: Handling space issues on 32gb windows 10 mini pc

Discus and support Handling space issues on 32gb windows 10 mini pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased a win10 mini pc with 32gb and activated it yesterday. after the activation I had ~15gb free space. Few minutes after I activated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MattanLevy, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Handling space issues on 32gb windows 10 mini pc

Hi,

I purchased a win10 mini pc with 32gb and activated it yesterday.

after the activation I had ~15gb free space. Few minutes after I activated the OS, I enabled the windows update.

Today, after installing the updates, I see that I have only 3gb of free space.

I'll clarify - Nothing is installed on the PC besides the windows 10 (no private files or applications at all).

This PC has a micro SD card slot, and I'm willing to use a 64gb SD card. I will install new applications on the SD card, however, I do not know how to free up space from the C drive, which currently includes the OS only.

What can I do? Is there a way to move some of the files of the OS to D drive?

Thanks!

:)

MattanLevy, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2018
  3. ShaunDB Win User
    Mini pc AK1 32gb

I have recently purchased i mini pc AK1 32gb to use at back of tv.

The thing is all it wants to do is upgrade to the Anniversary windows 10 when i am happy with the Windows 10 i have installed, Everytime i turn it on it says don’t turn off downloading updates your pc will turn off and on a few times and when finished it
    says updates failed 1709 error, not enough storage.

When i clear that off, it starts again trying to download windows in the background. So i don’t get much time to use it !!!

Can i just turn off the the update for windows only or is it not that easy ?

Thanks.

ShaunDB, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Handling space issues on 32gb windows 10 mini pc

Unable for format Mini PC - X5 with Windows

I recently purchased a X5 Mini PC from the following site and was trying to have a clean install of Windows 10 instead of the pre-install copy with android.

During the installation process, I was thrown with an error stating that "Setup was unable to create a new system partition: Fix for Windows".

1. I have tried to work on this for a couple of nights along with this
      guide to use diskpart to pre-format and prepare the disk. But
      it didn't work, the same error still occurred.
    2. Others suggest that it could be an UEFI locked issue and I should disable the secure boot option. However, the APTIO Setup Utility does not provide me with any option. I tried adding administrator password in security, hoping that it would enable the option as other suggest, but it failed to work.

Does anyone have similar experience or is familiar with BIOS and UEFI to lend a hand? Much appreciated.

toffee.beanns, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Handling space issues on 32gb windows 10 mini pc

1. Handling space issues on 32gb windows 10 mini pc - Similar Threads - Handling space issues

2. Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?: I tried reformatting my hard drive it says its unable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-32gb-usb-flash-drive-for/cbce8a9f-aa8f-4233-ace6-6ab629a19316
  3. Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?: I tried reformatting my hard drive it says its unable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-32gb-usb-flash-drive-for/cbce8a9f-aa8f-4233-ace6-6ab629a19316
  4. Not enough space on 32gb usb flash drive for windows 10 download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. storage space on 32GB tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    storage space on 32GB tablet: I purchased a tablet with 32GB internal memory. When new it had about 9GB free space. And now that's all gone because you, Microsoft, keeps updating the OS. Every time I clean the system up I end up with less and less free space. Yes, I remove temp files, disc cleanup,...
  6. Can't update Windows due to space in SSD 32GB

Can't update Windows due to space in SSD 32GB: Hi, I have a Lenovo 120S Laptop with Windows 10 . It's been acting weird for long time. I tried to update it but there is no room enough in the memory card. I remove everything non essential, but still not getting free memory space required. Every time I start the Laptop,...
  7. 32GB PC no space

32GB PC no space: I bought my daughter a 32 GB HP Stream. I updated windows and it used up all the disk space I tried a reset but even that needs space Anything I can do? Is there a smaller OS? Windows 7, Linux? Thank you Peter *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for?

Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for?: Hi, Can Windows 10 x64 use all 32GB of RAM the PC can has space for? I would like to upgrade from 16GB if the OS can effectively use the additional memory. I have seen comments on the web but none from a credible source, thank you for your time. Jeff...
  9. Not enough space to my NEW laptop 32gb

Not enough space to my NEW laptop 32gb: Dear Microsoft, previous month I bought a THOMSON laptop with 32gb storage and PRE-NSTALLED WINDOWS!! I turn on the laptop and..... the actual size of the disk is 28 GB and.... cause the software it was to 7,5 GB FREE at the end!!!!!! From 32 to 7,5GB.... NICE..... Now,...
  10. Mini Pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mini Pc: I am looking to get a mini Pc with windows 10 for my living room TV in the 200$ or less range, does not have to be powerful. All i want is to be able to access my main pc for files, use a web browser. There is the Compu stick but that got not so great reviews. Anyone have...