Windows 10: Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone

Discus and support Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using some SteelSeries Bluetooth headphones with my computer, and after a few weeks of staticy, shallow sound, I did some research and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Glusraut, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone

I've been using some SteelSeries Bluetooth headphones with my computer, and after a few weeks of staticy, shallow sound, I did some research and found that many people could turn off the "Hands-Free Telephony" option for the headphones to enrich the sound quality.

Doing this for my headphones indeed made the sound much better, but disabling the option changed the icon from a headset to headphones, and stopped taking any input from the mic. The mic was nowhere to be found in any of the sound settings, and the only solution was to re-enable the setting to get the mic working again. I've done lots of googling but cannot find anyone with the same problem. Is there any way to get actual good sound through the headphones, and still keep the mic working?

submitted by /u/Glusraut
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Glusraut, Jul 2, 2020
  2. ØnyxFøx Win User

Microphone on Bluetooth headphones will not work!

After having some issues with my microphone the audio in the headphones was terrible... I searched up some tutorials to try and fix it and I turned off hands free telephony it worked to fix my audio but now it combined two parts of my headphones one called
    headset and one called headphones one of them would act as a microphone but now they are combined I can only use it as a listening device rather then being able to use the microphone already in my headset if you did not understand I can try to explain again
    I turned off handsfree telephony to fix audio once done microphone stopped working (build in microphone to my headset) can someone please help me I am finding various other issues on my new pc but none of these issues where there on day one and my anti viruses
    norton and malwarebytes have not picked up anything same with the windows one. I have watched millions of youtube tutorials and they just wont work I have even checked microphone privacy settings!!!!!

ØnyxFøx, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User
    Using hands-frees as a microphone for a Windows machine

Unfortunately, you need one of these...

Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 2, 2020
  4. tomyfr Win User

Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone

Using hands-frees as a microphone for a Windows machine

Hello all,

I want to record my voice on my Windows 10 x64 machine but don't have a separate microphone and can't purchase it due to quarantine held in my whereabouts because of the virus.
    But I have two hands-frees for an iPhone and a Nokia mobile phones. The problem is that they both have only one socket, presumably named Aux or like that but the desktop PC has two separate ports for microphone and headphone. When I put the socket of any of the hands-frees to the microphone port of the PC, very very rarely a tiny sound like a noise will be received by the machine.

I'm stuck into that problem and can't work it out! *Sad

How could I fix the issue and finally record my voice on the machine, please? Do you have any idea?
    Thanks in advance.

tomyfr, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone

1. Hands-Free Telephony messing up headphone microphone - Similar Threads - Hands Free Telephony

2. Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony: Over the past couple of years I have had a problem that i haven't been able to find a suitable solution for. I use a Bluetooth headset for everyday use, alongside a dedicated microphone. But when I connect my headset, programs for example games and other programs utilizing...
  3. Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanent solution low quality audio hands-free telephony: Over the past couple of years I have had a problem that i haven't been able to find a suitable solution for. I use a Bluetooth headset for everyday use, alongside a dedicated microphone. But when I connect my headset, programs for example games and other programs utilizing...
  4. Hand's free only Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hand's free only Headphones: I have seen this question asked around, yet I haven't found a solution to my case in particular. As far as I am aware, the default stereo stopped being "connected" as of today, as because yesterday it was perfectly fine. I shut down my computer and come back today to a...
  5. Hand's free only Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hand's free only Headphones: I have seen this question asked around, yet I haven't found a solution to my case in particular. As far as I am aware, the default stereo stopped being "connected" as of today, as because yesterday it was perfectly fine. I shut down my computer and come back today to a...
  6. Built in microphone will not function unless headphones are using "hands-free"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in microphone will not function unless headphones are using "hands-free": I just bought a Bose headset and it has a build in mic which works fine on my phone however, and I've had this problem before, the microphone is tagged with the "hands-free AG audio". The playback has both the hands free and stereo options, and unless the actual playback...
  7. Headset Hands free telephony

Headset Hands free telephony: Hi. I have been using my headset with my Windows 10 PC for a while now. But the sound quality went bad and I searched for a solution in youtube. I was told to go to devices and printers and go to properties of the headset and then uncheck the Hands-free telephony box. After...
  8. Bluetooth devices output only as Hands-free Telephony quality

Bluetooth devices output only as Hands-free Telephony quality: I have a Bluetooth adapter USB-BT400 USB from Asus and I am trying to connect Bluetooth devices to my PC. However I keep having the same issue where Windows 10 identifies these devices as 'Bluetooth Handsfree audio'. This causes the audio to become very poor quality, play in...
  9. Uncheck and checked hands free telephony now mic dont work

Uncheck and checked hands free telephony now mic dont work: My mic on my wireless Earbuds was working perfectly although the audio quality wasn't perfect ofc, and then my friend recommended I uncheck the telephony button to improve audio quality. That then disconnected the "headset" option and so I checked it again but the "headset"...
  10. Bose Headphones , No hands free mode?

Bose Headphones , No hands free mode?: I have a pair of Bose AE2 Soundlink Bluetooth headphones and I want to use them for using the discord app while playing games. I am aware I need to switch to hands-free mode to do this, however, in the settings, I am not getting the option to switch to hands-free...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth headphones mic without handsfree telephony