Windows 10: Hands on with Microsoft's IoT starter kits

Discus and support Hands on with Microsoft's IoT starter kits in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft puts its brand on non-Windows IoT hardware, ready for Azure. It's all very well having a set of tools that can be used to build a back end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hands on with Microsoft's IoT starter kits

Read more: Hands on with Microsoft's IoT starter kits: Connecting the world to Azure | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Apr 13, 2016
  2. dax1792 Win User
    dax1792, Apr 13, 2016
  3. Create recovery drive does not work

Hi dax1792,

I have not had occasion to look at Event Viewer before.

I had a look, and right at the time of the failure of create recovery there was an entry with Source = CAPI2, Event = 513, just like your comment.

The details are:

AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol. System Error:
    Access is denied.

This is not encouraging. If this is due to the PC manufacturer (Dell in my case) software, I wonder if there is any way to fix it.

I'll check to see if Dell can help.

Perhaps Microsoft has a recommendation?

DonaldMSmith, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

Hands on with Microsoft's IoT starter kits

1. Hands on with Microsoft's IoT starter kits - Similar Threads - Hands Microsoft's IoT

2. Microsoft Office Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010: My Microsoft Office Starter 2010 has stopped working mostly. I can't open my files, save for some plain text boxes I had up. When I went to repair it in Programs and Features it told me I couldn't, because I had no internet connection, but I did. I'm running Windows 7....
  3. Microsoft Office Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office Starter 2010: My Microsoft Office Starter 2010 has stopped working mostly. I can't open my files, save for some plain text boxes I had up. When I went to repair it in Programs and Features it told me I couldn't, because I had no internet connection, but I did. I'm running Windows 7....
  4. microsoft office starter

in Cortana
    microsoft office starter: cannot open this program have tried to fix it but nothing...after I fix it I receive the following message: "The app cannot be opened, try again or repair the product in Control Panel"..I did this but did not fix......
  5. Trying to get a refund on a game with a starter kit.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to get a refund on a game with a starter kit.: I purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition with the started pack, but it won't let me download it. I looked up online on how to and I found that I needed to update my computer, but when it starts restarting, it won't post for like an hour straight and then turn on. I kept...
  6. Microsoft Word Starter 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Word Starter 2010: I have been using the Word Starter 2010 since the day I purchased this laptop. It was on laptop at purchased. Every since I updated to Windows 10, I have been locked out of it. How do I get it back...for free....
  7. microsoft word starter 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft word starter 2010: Unable to open. Keep getting a little box that tells me it can't be opened..."fix." Have tried fixing it - doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-word-starter-2010/6bbd74c0-f9b3-4903-b60e-b79ef9d50b20
  8. Intel IoT Developers Kit Permissions Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel IoT Developers Kit Permissions Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00173 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® IoT Developers Kit may allow escalation...
  9. Microsoft word starter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft word starter: The programme appears to have disappeared, I get a pop up box wddm not working then I have to press ok. Can I reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/microsoft-word-starter/41d6b162-ac42-4e71-8819-a5aa28954197
  10. New and updated Microsoft IoT Kits

in Windows 10 News
    New and updated Microsoft IoT Kits: Earlier this month, we released to customers around the world a new Windows Insider version of Windows 10 IoT Core that supports the brand new Intel® Joule™. We’ve been working hard on Windows 10 IoT Core, we’re proud of the quality and capability of IoT Core Insider releases...