Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan

Discus and support Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working on a new web browser called Spartan and while that is not the name the company will use to market the app, it is the moniker by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: Hands on with Microsofts new browser, Spartan

Brink, Mar 19, 2015
  2. JoeShades Win User

Will it support extensions? if not then it not even worth considering

:)

JoeShades, Mar 19, 2015
  3. susanconn Win User
    windows 10

I have one more question is the new browser in windows 10 Spartan or edge ..one microsoft agent said Spartan and the other said edge so im confused

susanconn, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Jetta48 Win User

will internet explorer work on windos 10

Hi

Windows 10 for PCs will have both the new Microsoft Edge browser as well as IE11 Desktop.

For more info., please see:

Microsoft Edge FAQs

Jetta48, Mar 19, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    The vast majority of users never install any extensions. So that's a bit presumptuous.

Still, Microsoft has said that yes, it will have an extension mechanism, and at least some rumors have said it will be compatible with Chrome extensions.

http://arstechnica.com/information-t...-windows-7-no/

Mystere, Mar 19, 2015
  6. BillyBob Win User
    I've lived this long without extensions hopefully I'll survive a bit longer without them.

BillyBob, Mar 19, 2015
  7. bobfrost Win User
    What is an extension?

Bob F.

bobfrost, Mar 19, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I for one just would like to try it out and see what I think of it. With luck it will be a fine browser and if it has a few nice extensions that I might like.. great.

BunnyJ, Mar 19, 2015
  9. enoch1138 Win User
    I would never use an extension.

enoch1138, Mar 19, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    I HAVE to use extensions, without it my IPTV wouldn't work, it needs "Verimatrix View Right" extension that works only in IE and FF, nowhere else. Youtube downloader I use regularly. If at least those two don't work it would mean I would have to use 2 browsers at same time.

CountMike, Mar 19, 2015
  11. gzt7d8 Win User
    I don't use that many extensions on Chrome, only ones that I feel I need like 1-Tabs Forward, 2-Chromecast and 3-Norton AV.

gzt7d8, Mar 19, 2015
  12. Dude Win User
    It looks interesting, looking forward to trying it out.

13. Winuser Win User

I will definitely try it out when it's released. It's going to take some doing to get me to switch from Pale Moon though.

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan - Similar Threads - Hands Microsoft's browser

2. Win10 Pro Product Key on old machine needed for new one

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro Product Key on old machine needed for new one: and of course I have no idea where my record of my product key for Win10 Pro retail got hidden. I've tried the CMD and Powershell methods and no go. How do I get my product key so I can use it my new machine? I am posting from the old one that has the key right now. 116036
  3. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....
  4. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1601 Microsoft Installer: I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks....
  5. Microsoft Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mixed Reality: I have a Surface Studio with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD, i7 CPU. However, my Samsung Odyssey Mixed Reality Headset will not work with the Studio. Setup is completed without errors and the headset is supposedly ready however there is no video output to the headset! I have the...
  6. Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC Family

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Introduces New NUC Kits and NUC Mini PCs to the Intel NUC Family: [img] [ATTACH] The new Intel NUC kits (NUC8i7BEH, NUC8i5BEH, NUC8i5BEK, NUC8i3BEH, NUC8i3BEK, formerly code-named Bean Canyon) allow integrators and DIYers to customize with their choice of storage, memory and operating system. With this flexibility, the Intel NUC kits...
  7. Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft 10 - blue tooth icon disappeared: My bluetooth icon has disappeared from the Device Manager. I was using a bluetooth mouse for most of the morning and then around 12:30pm PST my mouse started to act flaky. I did updates, but still do not have the option to turn On/Off bluetooth. Perhaps I hit some key...
  8. Microsoft Digital Image Pro 2006 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Digital Image Pro 2006 on Windows 10: I still rely on Microsoft Digital Image Pro to put graphics together. I haven't been able to re-install it on my Windows 10 machine. When I try, it says it needs Internet Explorer 6 to install. Help! Moved from: Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10...
  9. I do not need "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" and it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I do not need "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" and it...: WHY CAN'T I UNINSTALL THIS UPDATE?! Please help me uninstall "Update for Japanese Microsoft IME Standard Dictionary (KB2734786)" I do not like having all these unnecessary features on my computer....
  10. Verify my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verify my Microsoft Account: I work on two identical computers, main one at home, the other at work. Both under the same Microsoft Account (same email and account password) Now - The one at work asks me to Verify my account. The email address shown is wrong (must be an old/first try one) ... and ......