Windows 10: Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app

Discus and support Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s Your Phone app is potentially a good news for anyone who uses a combination of Windows 10 and Android phone. Your Phone app aims to bring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 10, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app

Microsoft’s Your Phone app is potentially a good news for anyone who uses a combination of Windows 10 and Android phone. Your Phone app aims to bring your Android and Windows 10 PC closer, basically allowing users to drag and drop pictures between their PC and an Android phone.

Microsoft recently updated the app and you can now sync your messages across the two platforms. You can even send a message from your PC after connecting the phone to your computer via Microsoft’s secure cloud technology.

The Your Phone app is a great way for Microsoft to improve the user experience and convince you to use your PC more than the smartphone. The software maker has built the app to make sure that Windows 10 can still be the primary hub for all of your mobile computing tasks.

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-Phone-app-notification.jpg

Your Phone app is available for Windows 10 users in the Release Preview, Slow and Fast rings. Your Phone app is available to download from the Microsoft Store and you need to install an app on your Android headset to enable integration. Once you’ve installed the apps, signed in to both devices, enabled integration, you can finally start syncing content.

Your Phone app is built directly into Windows 10 October 2018 Update but if your PC is on April 2018 Update, you can install the Your Phone app on Windows 10 by joining the Release Preview Ring.

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-phone-app-in-start-menu.jpg

So to run it, click Start, look for Your Phone under “Y” or start typing Your Phone in Cortana and when the app shows up, just select it.

First impression of Windows 10 Your Phone app

You can set up the Your Phone app and start syncing the content across your phone and PC in a couple of minutes. Your devices should be on the same Microsoft Account and you are also supposed to make sure that your mobile device is running the latest version of Android (7+).

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-Phone-app-in-Windows-10.jpg

Once you open the app, click ‘get started’ and you’ll be prompted to link your phone and PC. You’re now required to put your phone number to receive the link to download the app or you can also open Google Play Store and search “Microsoft Apps”. Open the Microsoft Apps on your Android device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app Microsoft-Apps-with-Your-Phone.jpg

After integrating the devices, the app will be synced up and you’ll be able to access all the photos and messages that you have created on your Android device.

You can click “Photos” to access the photos stored on your Android device and “Messages” to access the SMS.

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-Phone-and-MS-Paint.jpg

As you can see in the screenshot above, you can easily copy the photos from the app to the clipboard and paste it on MS Paint or MS Word.

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app MS-Paint.jpg

Similarly, you can also copy and paste the photo into emails, Microsoft Office and other apps without having to touch your Android smartphone.

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app Your-Phone-and-messaging.jpg

Next up is messages integration that basically allows you to read text messages on a PC screen, and receive Android push notifications on the desktop.

Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app Messages-integration.jpg

After integration, the app allows you to send text messages from your Android device using your PC and therefore allowing you to stay focused on your work.

The post Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Hands on with 'Phone Companion' app, hub to syncing with Windows 10

Read more: Hands on with Microsofts Phone Companion app, your hub to syncing with Windows 10

Brink, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Cr00zng Win User

Hands on with 'Phone Companion' app, hub to syncing with Windows 10

Sync email from desktop to your smartphone?

I was hoping that finally I can sync my Windows phone with Outlook on the desktop, but it isn't likely.

It seems that this app is pretty much useless on my Windows phone for the purpose of syncing all my emails (6 email accounts) from Outlook on my desktop to my phone. On the other hand, this app will do just that for the Android and iOS platform. *Sad

Cr00zng, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Hands-on with Microsoft’s Windows 10 Your Phone app - Similar Threads - Hands Microsoft’s Phone

2. Your Phone App for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone App for Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vector427 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfa1ks/your_phone_app_for_windows_10/
  3. Your Phone App on Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone App on Microsoft Store: So I run a routine check on all of my computers each day and that consists of checking for updates everyday as well as app updates on the Microsoft Store. The issue pertains to the Your Phone App on the Microsoft Store. When I check for app updates, the said app always...
  4. YOUR PHONE app for windows 10?

YOUR PHONE app for windows 10?: Can I get the YOUR PHONE app to work with both of my android phones? It would be great to be able to use both of my smartphone #'s in the one app on Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-for-windows-10/6b99e49e-c262-4914-b19c-43c85bb9d14d
  5. Windows 10 Your Phone app

Windows 10 Your Phone app: Hi , i want to connect my Android mobile with my Windows 10 laptop through "Your Phone" app. Your Phone App requires Microsoft login .Instead of Microsoft personal login i want to use my business O365 account. Please suggest how can i connect my phone with my win 10...
  6. Your Phone Windows 10 app

Your Phone Windows 10 app: I'm attempting to use the Your Phone app to move photos from my Pixel 2 to my laptop. I have found that the app on my laptop acts as if the left cursor button is always pressed, disallowing me from doing almost anything with it. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing...
  7. Your Phone App Windows 10

Your Phone App Windows 10: My Your Phone app on Windows 10 does not show text messages or outgoing messages typed from my phone. It used to show it but when I applied an update a few weeks back, it starting behaving this way. All I see are incoming text messages on the app. Is there a setting I need...
  8. Your Phone App on Windows 10

Your Phone App on Windows 10: Is there a way to password protest the Your Phone app in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-on-windows-10/ce157373-7a4f-4616-bf90-579c22a80fae
  9. Windows 10 Your Phone App

Windows 10 Your Phone App: How do I terminate the Your Phone App Nothing happens when I activate it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-your-phone-app/9e6fb851-7e1f-439a-b6ee-eb82e03985d3
  10. Windows 10 your phone app

Windows 10 your phone app: I have a windows 10 laptop and I've been trying to sync my new iPhone 8 to my laptop using the your phone app, but all it does is link the two together and sync Microsoft edge. There is no option to sync text messages and when I look online to see how to sync my messages with...