Windows 10: Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1

Discus and support Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s accidental release of an untested Windows 10 preview update to the Insiders revealed a new Start menu. The Start menu in the leaked build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1

Microsoft’s accidental release of an untested Windows 10 preview update to the Insiders revealed a new Start menu. The Start menu in the leaked build lacks Live Tiles and it could be part of the new experience that Microsoft has been preparing for Windows Lite, a stripped-down and lightweight version of Windows.

The new Start menu appeared in internal-only Windows 10 Build 18947 that Microsoft accidentally pushed to some Insiders in Fast, Slow and Release Preview Rings.

While Microsoft has already pulled the update, we’ve managed to get our hands on the leaked build featuring the new Start menu.

This is Windows 10’s new Start menu

Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1 Start-menu.jpg

Windows 10 Build 18947 comes with two Start menus – Classic Start and Start Insiders. The second option fires up the stripped-back Start menu design that ditches the metro-era live tiles for standard grid icons.

Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1 Start-Insiders.jpg

The Start menu is currently very basic and it can only launch apps or perform searches.

It also has a search bar at the top which allows you to search your apps and web. For instance, Notepad search result includes both the app listing and web links. Below the search bar, you’ll see a list of the “Suggested” apps that you’ve used the most.

Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1 Start-menu-dark-mode.jpg

The suggested area is not just limited to the Windows apps as it can also feature the most viewed website based on browsing history. Both Start menu’s suggested and Windows Search’s Top apps may feature similar apps.

As usual, the right-click menu lets you pin the app to the taskbar and manage app settings. You can also uninstall an app.

In tablet mode, the Start menu is centered on a transparent background and it looks very similar to the desktop version.

Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1 Start-menu-in-tablet-mode.jpg

Conclusion

As mentioned, the leaked Start menu is half-baked with several bugs, but the final version could look very different.

Multiple reports have already revealed that Microsoft has been toying with a simpler and straightforward Start menu for Windows Lite. This alternate Start menu could be what Microsoft has in mind for Windows Lite, but it’s still unclear whether the new Start menu will be brought to the full Windows 10 desktop.

The post Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 27, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1

1. Hands-on with the new Start menu in Windows 10 20H1 - Similar Threads - Hands Start menu

2. Hands-on with new Windows 11 Start Menu, arriving later this year

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with new Windows 11 Start Menu, arriving later this year: Earlier today, preview builds of Windows 11 leaked online and we’re now taking a closer look at the new Start Menu found in the leaked update. This is a “near-final” version of the Start Menu, so it’s likely that the next generation of Windows will have a slightly improved...
  3. Hands-on with Windows 10X: New Action Center, Start Menu and more

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with Windows 10X: New Action Center, Start Menu and more: Microsoft’s plan for Windows 10X development had already been derailed in 2020, but now it looks like the company is finally ready to launch the operating system. That means we’ll have to wait until Spring 2021 before we can see the OS on an actual device from Microsoft...
  4. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Customization
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/ba712f39-e8fe-4d3b-be7a-23d2c282f6d9
  5. NEW START MENU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    NEW START MENU: I just want to know that why my pc had not got the latest start menu even i am using windows 10 2004 with OS build 20161 preview version with no pending updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-start-menu/804392cb-25db-4e9f-a587-c44ae4d45317
  6. Great news! Now you can enable the new Start Menu in Windows 10 20H1, as long as you have...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Great news! Now you can enable the new Start Menu in Windows 10 20H1, as long as you have...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NTDEV14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2og9p/great_news_now_you_can_enable_the_new_start_menu/
  7. New Windows 10 start menu layout

New Windows 10 start menu layout: Hey, is there anyway I can get Windows Insider canary builds or at least builds that still haven't gotten into the fast ring yet without working at Microsoft? I know about the Skip-ahead ring but that is discontinued hopefully just for now so Skip-ahead isn't an option. Edit:...
  8. No left hand start menu!

No left hand start menu!: I am using the windows insider edition, and I would like to get rid of the start menu that the windows flag opens without tiles in it and have the tiles float on the desktop. Can this be done? Me 151559
  9. Hands-on with new Cortana experience on Windows 10 20H1

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with new Cortana experience on Windows 10 20H1: Microsoft is looking to bring an overhauled chatting experience to Cortana with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update. The company has already implemented the early bits of new Cortana experience in Windows 10 20H1, but these changes are currently hidden in the latest build. The...
  10. new start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    new start menu: i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up 6211