Windows 10: Hands-on with universal Skype experience in Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support Hands-on with universal Skype experience in Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that the company will be releasing a new universal Skype experience for Windows 10. While the new Skype... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hands-on with universal Skype experience in Windows 10 Mobile

Read more: Hands-on with the universal Skype experience in Windows 10 Mobile (video) - WMPoweruser

:)

Brink, Sep 5, 2015

2. Skype App (modern) not working in Windows 10

Actually they have stopped supporting this version for now. There are plans to integrate this into Windows 10 messaging. I too enjoyed the Universal/Metro version.

A More Efficient Skype Experience for Your PC | Skype Blogs

KenFriberg, Sep 5, 2015
  3. smayoo Win User
    Dual SIM phone - SIM2 only 2G

Hi!

Reading the user manuals (for instance, 301 dual sim, or 515 dual sim, or 208 dual sim...), it always says that SIM2 is "2G only".

I just need it clarified - preferably by a first-hand experience - what does it *exactly* mean?

If I insert a universal (2G/3G) SIM into SIM2 slot, which is a normal type of SIM with any mobile operator here in Croatia - will it work?

Or does SIM2 support 2G *ONLY* SIMs, meaning that a universal SIM will not work?

smayoo, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Fafhrd Win User

No, they don't look beautiful. If I had something I loved that was mostly black, and blue, red and yellow in places, I'd hand myself in for wife-beating.

Fafhrd, Sep 5, 2015
  5. - you've got pretty the same color options as Windows10 on the PC..
    - it's all down to preferences..*Smile

BugMeister, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hands-on with universal Skype experience in Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - Hands universal Skype

2. Hands-on with new Cortana experience on Windows 10 20H1

in Windows 10 News
    Hands-on with new Cortana experience on Windows 10 20H1: Microsoft is looking to bring an overhauled chatting experience to Cortana with Windows 10’s Spring 2020 update. The company has already implemented the early bits of new Cortana experience in Windows 10 20H1, but these changes are currently hidden in the latest build. The...
  3. Microsoft is working on simplifying Skype experience

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on simplifying Skype experience: Microsoft in its latest blog post has announced that it is working on simplifying the skype experience based on the users’ feedback. The company had earlier announced that it would be updating users to a new Skype version 8 from the earlier version 7 since the company decided...
  4. A closer look at new Skype experience for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at new Skype experience for Windows 10: A few days back, Microsoft updated the old Skype app into a new UWP app built on React Native instead of XAML. The comes with the same design guidelines as seen on other platforms meaning it doesn’t follow the Fluent Design guidelines but it’s still much better than the old...
  5. Skype "mobile" query....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype "mobile" query....: All very much new territory for me this so apols in advance it it's a really dumb question....! I've already got Skype working ok on my Lenovo G50 laptop however it's the mobile phone "usage" if that's the right word that's confusing me. The problem is my ordinary mobile...
  6. Images leak of Skype Universal messaging for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Images leak of Skype Universal messaging for Windows 10 Mobile: While we patiently wait for Microsoft to roll out a beta version of their unified Skype messaging experience "before the end of the summer", a Russian website has managed to get a hold of what looks like the new Skype unified experience for Windows 10 Mobile. The...
  7. Microsoft confirms Skype won't be a Universal app for Win 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms Skype won't be a Universal app for Win 10: Not seen this mentioned Last week, Microsoft announced that on July 7 it would retire the current "Modern" Skype app made for Windows 8 and 8.1 in favor of the current desktop client. Now a new report offers more information on how Skype will be offered inside Windows 10,...
  8. First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    First look at the new universal MSN apps for Windows 10 Mobile: Microsoft's new universal Windows MSN apps have been out for Windows 10 PC for a few weeks now, but we are now seeing them arrive for phones as well. MSN Weather, News, Sports and Money all have the new design that ditches pivots for split-view menus. Indeed, all the new...
  9. Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming: We’ve been listening, and we’ve heard you. In the coming weeks, we’ll release the first version of the Skype Universal Windows Platform Preview app to our Windows Insiders for testing. You may be wondering why, and what this means for the Skype experiences you are using on...
  10. Skype UWP for Windows 10 Mobile leaks

in Windows 10 News
    Skype UWP for Windows 10 Mobile leaks: Skype UWP for Windows 10 Mobile leaks [img] Few months ago, we gave you the first look at Skype UWP for Windows 10 PCs and Mobile. Recently, the app has been released for Windows 10 PCs by Microsoft for those in the Insider preview. As you may know, the app isn’t...