Windows 10: Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901

Discus and support Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hehehehe! Here's what I get when I try to fire up Cortana: [img] *Roflmao2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Dave44, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901

Hehehehe!
    Here's what I get when I try to fire up Cortana:

Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901 [​IMG]

*Roflmao2

Edwin, Dec 14, 2014

2. Naw, it's the same. It works the way it's supposed to, I think but I ... So it's still broken then. *Sad

lehnerus2000, Dec 14, 2014
  3. Here's what I get when I try to open the Store beta...

Cortana actually works pretty decently for me.

blackroseMD1, Dec 14, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Same...

Cortana is only working half crippled for me.

Edwin, Dec 14, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Settings charm gone from the Charms Bar:

(go figure!) *Wink

Edwin, Dec 14, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Huh....???
    We all....???
    Who the heck is this guy talkin' about..??

I have never used the store.
    I never will. Cool. . .

7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Oh Boy!. . .another really cool person. . .

8. Edwin New Member

Even the simple features, such as 'Sound Recorder' seem much more sophisticated.
    Sound Recorder allows tagging and editing, etc.
    It also saves recordings to Documents folder 'Sound Recordings'

Edwin, Dec 14, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    'Media Control' allows switching between running media:

WMP:

Sound Recorder:

Edwin, Dec 14, 2014
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

What is this "Cortana" stuff -- I thought it was some incorrectly spelled version of a Ford Car much beloved by "Boy Racers" in the 60's and 70's in the UK.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 14, 2014
  11. adamf Win User
    as in the trb song "wish I had a grey cortana"? (Like Edwin) *Smile

adamf, Dec 14, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    LOL!

So far she hasn't showed up for work yet! *Wink
    (the search aspect works but the voice deployment seems not to be working, yet)

Edwin, Dec 14, 2014
  13. davehc Win User

It's a new icon in the "All Apps" (Settings).

davehc, Dec 14, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
    Naw, it's the same. It works the way it's supposed to, I think but I ... So it's still broken then. *Sad I think it may be working the way 'they' intend, but I don't care for it. I don't really use Snapping, I minimize/maximize, and have 'Move To...' and 'Copy To...' in the right click context menu.
    However, now that 'Sticky Corners' is (apparently) working again in 9901, snapping quads will work properly even with multiple monitors.

Modern Apps, on the other hand, snap to all kinds of different sizes, depending on the app, I guess!

Edwin, Dec 14, 2014
  15. You don't need Snapping on a system with multiple monitors. *Smile

It's almost indispensable on a single monitor setup or laptop.
    I use Window Snapping almost everyday.

Window Snapping was one of the things I really missed when I used my previous Linux installs.
    I was very pleased when they introduced it in Linux Mint 17 MATE. *Party

The only things I liked about W10, compared to W7 were:
    • Horizontal Snapping (100% w, 50% h)
    • The new Command Prompt features

MS broke Window Snapping in the first update after b9841 (and they still haven't fixed it).

How long before they break the Command Prompt improvements too?

Why would I use a crippled Metro App (on my desktop) when I can run a real program?

lehnerus2000, Dec 15, 2014
Thema:

1. Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901 - Similar Threads - Hands Build 9901

2. current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware: Hi there I think people who want to try the leaked build 9901 on a VM will be disappointed -- attempting to install from the ISO on either WKS 10.0.4 or WKS 11 causes message at boot --error in virtual CPU caused the VM to fail. (VMware workstation -- same in vmplayer)....
  3. 9901

in Windows 10 Support
    9901: does anyone know the release date of this new build 3374
  4. Hands on with leaked Windows 10 build 10163

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with leaked Windows 10 build 10163: [img] A new build of Windows 10 has found its way to the Internet and this time it is version 10163. Seeing as this build is only one version newer than the last release to Insiders, there is not much in the way of new additions to the OS. That's not a big surprise as...
  5. Aero Settings Show Up on Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Aero Settings Show Up on Windows 10 Build 9901: It's a well-known fact that many users who switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8 wanted Microsoft to bring Aero effects back in the modern operating system, despite the company's new approach for flat design. Some features, however, continued to be available on Windows 8...
  6. Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen..: Microsoft is bringing quite a lot of changes in Windows 10, and the technical preview builds that can be downloaded right now are living proof that, as compared to its predecessors, the new OS will make everything not only more appropriate for all users, but also more...
  7. Microsoft Introduces New Icons in Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Introduces New Icons in Windows 10 Build 9901: If you’re one of the many users who rushed to download and install the leaked Windows 10 build 9901, you most likely noticed the subtle visual tweaks that the company introduced here and there in order to make its new operating system more visually appealing. This process...
  8. Windows 10: Storage Sense improvements in build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Storage Sense improvements in build 9901: 7 comments [img] Over the weekend, an internal build of Windows 10 leaked that shows significant updates to the user interface including a new theme for the desktop. One of the features that has been updated in this build is Storage Sense and it provides a few hints...
  9. Windows 10 Build 9901 Features a Stylish New Clock – How..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9901 Features a Stylish New Clock – How..: Windows 10 build 9901 got leaked yesterday, and in addition to Cortana and some other improvements that point to the unification of the desktop and mobile platforms, it also comes with a handful of features that need to be manually activated. Case in point, a stylish new...
  10. Installing leaked Windows 10 build 9901 will break your In

in Windows 10 News
    Installing leaked Windows 10 build 9901 will break your In: Yesterday a new build, version 9901, of Windows 10 leaked onto the web and many people were likely curious to try it out. However, installing this version will break your Insider update cycle and you won’t receive further builds. Microsoft has been very forthcoming with...