Windows 10: Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901

Discus and support Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It looks like installing the leaked Build 9901 will break Insider Program Updates. *Sad Upgrading To Windows 10 Build 9901 Will Break Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Dave44, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Wynona Win User

Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901

Wynona, Dec 15, 2014
  2. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Dec 15, 2014
  3. Wynona Win User
    I guess if you install it as an upgrade it might.
    Installing it isolated should be fine. Dunno, Edwin. I'm not taking any chances. I'm thinking Build 9901 may have something missing. *Huh

At any rate, I'll wait for the legitimate builds. I've signed several MS NDAs and don't want to do anything that would jeopardize my status. I can't remember if there was an NDA for the Windows Insider Program. Still, there's the terms & conditions . . .

Wynona, Dec 15, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I guess if you install it as an upgrade it might.
    Installing it isolated should be fine. Dunno, Edwin. I'm not taking any chances. I'm thinking Build 9901 may have something missing. *Huh

At any rate, I'll wait for the legitimate builds. I've signed several MS NDAs and don't want to do anything that would jeopardize my status. I can't remember if there was an NDA for the Windows Insider Program. Still, there's the terms & conditions . . . So far from what Edwin reports build 9901 is very buggy so I will totally avoid that and any other "leaked" builds. Build 9798 had enough issues to start with it doesn't make any sense to me to test a non official build.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't trust the sources of these "leaks". I'll play it safe.

BunnyJ, Dec 15, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Sort of buggy, yes but more or less an 'as is' thing to fool around with.
    It resides on C: and will be gone in a few days! *Wink

Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901 [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 15, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Still, sort of is still buggy. So far both of these "leaks" have been rather buggy and really not worth the time testing.

IMO,, YMMV

BunnyJ, Dec 15, 2014
  7. Edwin New Member
    True enough. For me it's just curiosity for this build.

Edwin, Dec 15, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

True enough. For me it's just curiosity for this build. I don't blame you.. trying out new things is fun!

Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 15, 2014
  9. Dave44 Win User
    I went back to build 9879

Dave44, Dec 15, 2014
  10. Winuser Win User
    The official releases are buggy enough. I can just imagine how buggy a leaked release would be. I'll wait till January and see what MS releases.

Winuser, Dec 16, 2014
  11. Wynona Win User
    Not to mention dangerous . . . what if a hacker got hold of it, did something nasty and then released it as a leaked build. URK!

I prefer to get my builds from official sources. *Think

Wynona, Dec 16, 2014
  12. LittleJay Win User
    By the time MS releases Build 9901 there won't be any pressing need to waste the bandwidth downloading it for myself, as I can learn all I need to know about it, from those who are running the leaked version now. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Dec 16, 2014
  13. Edwin New Member

Clever!!! *Wink

Edwin, Dec 16, 2014
  14. Wynona Win User
    I would be very surprised if Microsoft releases Build 9901, simply because an email I received (as an Insider) said we won't get a new Build until January 21. They should be way, way, way past Build 9901 by then.

Wynona, Dec 16, 2014
  15. Edwin New Member
    Not to mention dangerous . . . what if a hacker got hold of it, did something nasty and then released it as a leaked build. URK!

I prefer to get my builds from official sources. *Think You've gotta be careful for sure! *Wink

Edwin, Dec 16, 2014
Thema:

1. Hands-On with Windows 10 Build 9901 - Similar Threads - Hands Build 9901

2. current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    current leaked build 9901 will not install on vmware: Hi there I think people who want to try the leaked build 9901 on a VM will be disappointed -- attempting to install from the ISO on either WKS 10.0.4 or WKS 11 causes message at boot --error in virtual CPU caused the VM to fail. (VMware workstation -- same in vmplayer)....
  3. 9901

in Windows 10 Support
    9901: does anyone know the release date of this new build 3374
  4. Hands on with leaked Windows 10 build 10163

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with leaked Windows 10 build 10163: [img] A new build of Windows 10 has found its way to the Internet and this time it is version 10163. Seeing as this build is only one version newer than the last release to Insiders, there is not much in the way of new additions to the OS. That's not a big surprise as...
  5. Aero Settings Show Up on Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Aero Settings Show Up on Windows 10 Build 9901: It's a well-known fact that many users who switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8 wanted Microsoft to bring Aero effects back in the modern operating system, despite the company's new approach for flat design. Some features, however, continued to be available on Windows 8...
  6. Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9901 Features New Login and Lock Screen..: Microsoft is bringing quite a lot of changes in Windows 10, and the technical preview builds that can be downloaded right now are living proof that, as compared to its predecessors, the new OS will make everything not only more appropriate for all users, but also more...
  7. Microsoft Introduces New Icons in Windows 10 Build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Introduces New Icons in Windows 10 Build 9901: If you’re one of the many users who rushed to download and install the leaked Windows 10 build 9901, you most likely noticed the subtle visual tweaks that the company introduced here and there in order to make its new operating system more visually appealing. This process...
  8. Windows 10: Storage Sense improvements in build 9901

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Storage Sense improvements in build 9901: 7 comments [img] Over the weekend, an internal build of Windows 10 leaked that shows significant updates to the user interface including a new theme for the desktop. One of the features that has been updated in this build is Storage Sense and it provides a few hints...
  9. Windows 10 Build 9901 Features a Stylish New Clock – How..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9901 Features a Stylish New Clock – How..: Windows 10 build 9901 got leaked yesterday, and in addition to Cortana and some other improvements that point to the unification of the desktop and mobile platforms, it also comes with a handful of features that need to be manually activated. Case in point, a stylish new...
  10. Installing leaked Windows 10 build 9901 will break your In

in Windows 10 News
    Installing leaked Windows 10 build 9901 will break your In: Yesterday a new build, version 9901, of Windows 10 leaked onto the web and many people were likely curious to try it out. However, installing this version will break your Insider update cycle and you won’t receive further builds. Microsoft has been very forthcoming with...