Windows 10: Handwriting support for English (AUSTRALIA) unavailable

Discus and support Handwriting support for English (AUSTRALIA) unavailable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have scoured the internet for hours and tried several fixes with no luck. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and I'm trying to use draw and general... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Samuel Zaky, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Handwriting support for English (AUSTRALIA) unavailable

I have scoured the internet for hours and tried several fixes with no luck.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and I'm trying to use draw and general ink tools within Microsoft Word. When I download the Australian English language pack, even though an icon appears in 'Region and Language' settings that it contains handwriting support, when selecting it in language options it says, 'There are no handwriting options for this language'.

Can someone provide me with a definitive fix / answer for this?

Cheers

Moved from:

Word

/

Windows 10

/

Office 365 Home

:)

Samuel Zaky, Jun 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 English Australia - Handwriting and Spelling Correction

Hi,

I am having a problem with the English Australia language when used for Spelling Correction and Handwriting on a tablet device and Windows 10.

1 – Handwriting to Text – the handwriting keyboard is not able to be selected from the Touch Keyboard menu in the taskbar.

2 – Spelling correction – the built in Windows 10 spelling checker will not check spelling when entering text into a website in IE11 or EDGE.

Through our troubleshooting we have discovered that if the default language is changed to English US both handwriting and spelling correction function correctly.

I have spoken to a Microsoft Answer Tech who was able to confirm the fault but unable to provide any official statement acknowledging the fault.

Are Microsoft aware of the fault? Should these features be available when using English Australia as the default language?

Thank you.

Nick.

Surface Pro 3.

Nick Serisier, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Hi Jacob,

Since the Handwriting Personalization feature has worked properly before, there's a possibility that recent changes or updates performed on your computer may have triggered this problem or it could be that there is a need for you to improve the handwriting
    recognition on your Surface Pro by providing more samples of your handwriting. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Language options.
    2. Under Handwriting, click Personalize handwriting recognition.
    3. Select Teach the recognizer your handwriting style.
    4. Several options will be provided to you on what samples do you want to input.
    5. Once done, click Update and exit.
    6. Click Close.

In case you're still getting the same error when trying to have a word or letter recognized, then you may have to reset the handwriting recognizer and start from scratch. Here's how:

1. Navigate to Language options > Handwriting.
    2. Under Personalize handwriting recognition > Related Tasks, click
      Delete handwriting samples that you provided for the current language.
    3. Confirm that you want to delete it by clicking Yes, delete my handwriting samples and reset the handwriting recognizer.
    4. Once done, then try to re-establish your handwriting feature again.

Let me know the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Mooticus Win User

Handwriting support for English (AUSTRALIA) unavailable

Handwriting Disabled - "There are no handwriting options for this language."

Original title: Handwriting Disabled

I'm running a new SurfaceBook on Windows 10, Australia region, with English Australia as the default language. It says "There are no handwriting options for this language." I tried changing my language to English UK and English US, and it still says the
    same thing. I'm wanting to use this feature in OneNote "Ink to Text". I'm wanting to know how to enable this.

Mooticus, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Handwriting support for English (AUSTRALIA) unavailable

1. Handwriting support for English (AUSTRALIA) unavailable - Similar Threads - Handwriting support English

2. Where is English Australia Local Experience Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is English Australia Local Experience Pack: It appears we in Australia have missed out.Many other Countries have them but not Australia.Microsoft, Why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-english-australia-local-experience-pack/714dc209-d354-4045-9b9c-004919e7b1f9
  3. Where is English Australia Local Experience Pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is English Australia Local Experience Pack: It appears we in Australia have missed out.Many other Countries have them but not Australia.Microsoft, Why???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-english-australia-local-experience-pack/714dc209-d354-4045-9b9c-004919e7b1f9
  4. Handwriting Pack not available for English United Kingdom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting Pack not available for English United Kingdom: Hi, I cannot find a way to install the handwriting pack for English United Kingdom. As you can see in the screenshot below, I have the handwriting pack for United States - just not the UK. Can anybody advise how I can possibly download/install this? I am running Windows 10...
  5. Handwriting Pack not available for English United Kingdom

Handwriting Pack not available for English United Kingdom: Hi, I cannot find a way to install the handwriting pack for English United Kingdom. As you can see in the screenshot below, I have the handwriting pack for United States - just not the UK. Can anybody advise how I can possibly download/install this? I am running Windows 10...
  6. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  7. Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard

Can't remove English Australia FRENCH keyboard: How do I remove the French keyboard layout for the English Australia language in Windows 11? It is listed as ENG English Australia French in the keyboard layout.However, this keyboard is not listed under language and region in the control panel, so I don't know how to get rid...
  8. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...
  9. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language: Hello all, I have been using my Surface Pro on Windows 10, and was improving my PC's handwriting recognition in the appropriate settings. I was able to successfully use all features of this process initially. Now, suddenly, when attempting to use "Target specific...
  10. Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English

Cortana not enabled - region Australia, language English: As you can see below, Cortana will not enable despite Australia and English being selected. I am 100% up to date on updates. [img] [img] Is there any other settings I need to change to get Cortana to work? Thanks! 30734

Users found this page by searching for:

1. handwriting personalization not available