Windows 10: hang at startup

Discus and support hang at startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulBraithwaite1, Feb 10, 2019.

1. hang at startup

gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start.

:)

PaulBraithwaite1, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Windows 10 hangs at startup

To Enable Safe Mode with Networking, follow the steps below:

• Boot the computer normally.
    • While on boot, click the power button to force shutdown the computer.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 three times to get the Automatic Repair option.
    • Select Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
    • When the computer reboots and the Startup Settings menu appears, press
      5 to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Enter your username and password to restart Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Feb 10, 2019
  4. ex_reven Win User

hang at startup

Something hanging in startup.

Vista is taking more time than Id like it to between booting and connecting to the net (automatic connection to wireless network).

I have the feeling its being caused by something (a process or whatever) thats hanging between the two and slowing things down.

Are there any good software programs to analyse startup for processes that are causing problems?

ex_reven, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

hang at startup

1. hang at startup - Similar Threads - hang startup

2. Slow Startup and hanging laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Startup and hanging laptop: My Laptop takes a lot of time to open. I have disabled all startup programs, 700gb out of 930gb storage on my hard disk is free, I have defragmented my hard disk, I have changed the power settings to performance and regularly shutdown my laptop but my laptop takes a lot of...
  3. Windows Update is Hanging on Startup Again...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update is Hanging on Startup Again...: This is the second update in a row where the standard automatic Windows Update on my desktop machine is hanging after restarting.The messages seem to indicate that update is 100% Complete, but then the system freezes and I never get to a login screen. I have tried to allow...
  4. Windows 10 hanging frequently after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hanging frequently after startup: Windows 10 x64 bit hanging or freezing after start up. Reinstalled completely and done all the windows updates, still problem persists. I can move the cursor, but right click or left click wont work. After a while the clicked action will take effect. C drive having enough...
  5. Event 1002 explorer.exe keeps hanging on startup, no idea whats causing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event 1002 explorer.exe keeps hanging on startup, no idea whats causing it: Description: The program explorer.exe version 10.0.19041.746 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel. Process ID: 1360 Start Time:...
  6. Computer hanging when waking from startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer hanging when waking from startup?: Hi, I've recently found myself with an issue on my computer. I like to use sleep mode instead of turning it off because then I don't have to deal with 15 programs opening on startup. However, now whenever I wake it up from sleep and go to the login page it types gibberish...
  7. Microsoft wireless keyboard 850 dongle causes hang on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft wireless keyboard 850 dongle causes hang on startup: On a couple of different Window 10 machines, the USB dongle for this keyboard and mouse causes startup to hang. When I remove the dongle, startup continues as usual. I replace it when I need the keyboard for signin, and it works fine. It's really annoying - any ideas what...
  8. Windows 10 Hanged after startup

Windows 10 Hanged after startup: This is the first time this is happening. I will relate all that was happening at the time after booting laptop. This afternoon, I switched on Edge and the starting tab didn't show all my favourite linked sites. Even though that was odd I checked my mail. And that was when...
  9. spl64wow.exe Hangs Startup of Program

spl64wow.exe Hangs Startup of Program: Recently probably with an update to Windows 10 or in Windows 10 I can not start a third party program that I have used for years. It seems that I have to go into the task manager and click on "end task" for the spl64wow.exe routine which then allows the program to continue to...
  10. New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    New Win10 Install - hangs on blue Windows logo at startup: I reinstalled Windows10 from scratch yesterday (this is the 5th time this year). It installed fine. But on a cold startup it will get stuck at the black screen with the Blue Windows logo and no spinner. This happens about 50% of the time. If I reset the computer sometimes I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10hang at startup