Windows 10: Hanging on blue screen when logon to VPS with "remote desktop connection"

Discus and support Hanging on blue screen when logon to VPS with "remote desktop connection" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using hetzner cloud service.This is not a problem on the server side, because when I ask a few friends to access my VPS it works fine so I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by spider149, Nov 22, 2021.

1. spider149 Win User

Hanging on blue screen when logon to VPS with "remote desktop connection"

I'm using hetzner cloud service.This is not a problem on the server side, because when I ask a few friends to access my VPS it works fine so I think the problem is on my laptop.When I connect to my VPS using remote desktop connection, it usually freezes even though I have tried many ways like reducing resolution, disabling bitmap catching, updating the driver, updating windows,...Usually the screen will appear blue background like attached picture, if I leave it for a long time it will return to the main screen, but it is quite dim and not interactive. Sometimes it will return a black screen a

:)

spider149, Nov 22, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Windows 10 Remote Desktop - The connection was denied because the user account is not authorized for remote logon

Hi Bill,

I would suggest you to check the suggestions provided in the section "Why can’t I connect using Remote Desktop Connection?" in this article:

How to use Remote Desktop

Note: Though this article is for Windows 8.1, the steps mentioned are similar in Windows 10.

Bennet Martin, Nov 22, 2021
  4. DCassidy2 Win User

Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow

I have a Dell Windows 10 Pro pc and a HP Windows 10 Pro pc, which I access remotley using Remote Desktop Connection on a Dell Windows 10 Home Laptop. The remote connection to both pcs were working great until yesterday. Now the connection to the HP pc using
    the Dell laptop is so slow, I can't use it. When it first connects it hangs on a black screen for ages, then shows the desktop, but does not respond to the mouse clicks, or does so so slowly. Sometimes shows a blue screen with waiting or locking.

Both remote pcs have the same build: Windows 10 Pro, version 1809, installed on the 13/12/2018 and os build 17763.195.

I have tried the Remote Desktop Connection on an Acer Windows 10 Home Laptop and the Dell and HP connections work well. This is also the case using Remote Desktop Connection on my Android phone.

Any suggestions please.

DCassidy2, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Hanging on blue screen when logon to VPS with "remote desktop connection" - Similar Threads - Hanging blue screen

2. Blue Screen when remoting connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen when remoting connection: Hi Gentleman,I met a blue screen issue mostly when remoting connection to the PC. whatever using VNC or remote desktop or other applications.OS is windows 7the details are as below:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid]...
  3. Blue Screen when remoting connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen when remoting connection: Hi Gentleman,I met a blue screen issue mostly when remoting connection to the PC. whatever using VNC or remote desktop or other applications.OS is windows 7the details are as below:- System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting [ Guid]...
  4. i CANNOT CONNECT TO vps via remote desktop please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i CANNOT CONNECT TO vps via remote desktop please help: i CANNOT CONNECT TO vps via remote desktop please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-connect-to-vps-via-remote-desktop-please/61c31284-d098-4363-ab3a-22bf4d300007
  5. i CANNOT CONNECT TO vps via remote desktop please help

i CANNOT CONNECT TO vps via remote desktop please help: i CANNOT CONNECT TO vps via remote desktop please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-connect-to-vps-via-remote-desktop-please/61c31284-d098-4363-ab3a-22bf4d300007
  6. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  7. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.: Hello,I am trying to make connection from my desktop to my laptop via Microsoft's RDP.Whenever I try to connect, my credentials do not work. I am using the same Microsoft account on both of these devices. And I am certain that these credentials work elsewhere.Now, I can...
  8. Remote desktop connection logon attempt failed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Hanging on blue screen when logon to VPS with "remote desktop connection"

Hanging on blue screen when logon to VPS with "remote desktop connection": I'm using hetzner cloud service.This is not a problem on the server side, because when I ask a few friends to access my VPS it works fine so I think the problem is on my laptop.When I connect to my VPS using remote desktop connection, it usually freezes even though I have...
  10. Hanging on blue screen when logon to VPS with "remote desktop connection"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hanging on blue screen when logon to VPS with "remote desktop connection": I'm using hetzner cloud service.This is not a problem on the server side, because when I ask a few friends to access my VPS it works fine so I think the problem is on my laptop.When I connect to my VPS using remote desktop connection, it usually freezes even though I have...