Windows 10: Hangs at login screen!

Discus and support Hangs at login screen! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have more than 30 computers on various sites that are stuck at the login screen. this happened after the last batch of updates. There is no way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris Cain chris, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Hangs at login screen!

I have more than 30 computers on various sites that are stuck at the login screen.
    this happened after the last batch of updates. There is no way to recover them without a full reinstallation.

roll backs, uninstalling updates, system recovery all fail

any help would be greatly appreciated

i know of several more businesses having this issue

:)

Chris Cain chris, Nov 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 hangs at login screen after latest update

Windows 10 completed latest updates but now hangs at login screen. I type in the local password and the spinner starts to spin and then it just hangs. Suggestions?

O C Reporter, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 10, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Hangs at login screen!

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Hangs at login screen!

1. Hangs at login screen! - Similar Threads - Hangs login screen

2. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  3. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login hangs after lock screen timeout: Suddenly on my windows 10 pro i cannot login anymore after lockscreen timeout. I am asked for password an I press my hello fingerprint sensor then the circle spins forever beside the Welcome message. Atough login works fine at boot up....
  4. Login hangs after lock screen timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond

Windows 10 Hangs on Login Screen - Keyboard and mouse will not respond: Hello and thanks,So today, Saturday August 28 2021, I found that my desktop PC had been restarted. I figured an update must have automatically installed. Now my PC hangs on the login screen and the mouse and keyboard will not respond. I cannot get into windows at all, I...
  6. Windows 10 hangs after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 hangs after login: On firend's 3-y old laptop happened today something I saw for the first time: There is set autologin and after boot and this autologin desktop shows as usual and I have only few seconds to do something - open menu or settings, get titles of icons in tray but then it stops...
  7. Hanging screen

Hanging screen: Hi I’m using an Asus laptop. Recent i have been experiencing some problems when i plug in my charger when i’m watch Netfix or any other videos. Once i plug it in a few seconds the screen completely freezes and hangs. Can i know is there any way to solve this problem? Thanks....
  8. Login hangs

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login hangs: Hello everyone. It is my first time here though I have searched high and low within the forum to find what's going on with my machine. It is running Windows 10 Home edition and ever since I added a user account on there for my wife it has been hanging at the login screen....
  9. Windows10 hangs up on login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 hangs up on login: I'm running Windows 10 on an Asus ROG laptop. Suddenly it's hanging up after login -- the circle goes round and round and the desktop never loads. I've tried troubleshooting in safe mode, but it says nothing's wrong. Please help. Edited to say it's now loaded but it's...
  10. W10 hangs prior to login screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 hangs prior to login screen: First, some background. The system was rebuilt in May 2015 using a new MSI H97 Gaming 3 Motherboard, new i5 4690 CPU, 16GB (2x8GB) of new G.Skill RAM, new EVGA 750W PSU, new ASUS GTX 750 TI Video card, new case. Existing HDDs, ODD and SSDs were reused. This machine is a...