Windows 10: Hangs on start up

Discus and support Hangs on start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 freezes or hangs on the motherboard screen where you can choose boot options etc... and does not respond to keystrokes. I have to manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tehrigmus, May 16, 2020.

1. tehrigmus Win User

Hangs on start up

Windows 10 freezes or hangs on the motherboard screen where you can choose boot options etc... and does not respond to keystrokes. I have to manually restart to progress to the spinning circles and then the computer boots normally. Its been going on for months and is only a slight annoyance, but I attempted a restore and now many apps were removed after the restore hanging during many of its restarts. I had to manually restart often during the restore to complete the restore.

After the restore my freezing/hanging issue remains. What is my next step? I've gone into control panel and checked for driver updates, I've checked for and fixed registry errors with a 3rd party app, tried to find a solution in FAQ here but nothing really matches my issue.

running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - version 19096

:)

tehrigmus, May 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 Search hangs

Hi,

To isolate your issue, please provide us the following information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you follow the steps provided by Parth P Patel.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update hangs on downloading updates at 98%

Hi vinodh,

In step 3 you state to press enter after after each command but its written like one sentence,could you list them so we can identify each command please.my pc just hangs on "checking for updates" so i installed the win 10 updater and that just hangs on 99%
    so i will try what you suggest above.

Thanks

but not with this email add, May 16, 2020
  4. Hangs on start up

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Hangs on start up

1. Hangs on start up - Similar Threads - Hangs start

2. why do I keep having to reboot because my system starts to go really slow and hang sometimes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do I keep having to reboot because my system starts to go really slow and hang sometimes?: why do I keep having to reboot because my system starts to go really slow and hang sometimes? Is because WINDOWS IS IT JUST BASICALLY **** **** AND MICROFLACID ARE MORE BOTHERED ABOUT PROFILING AND DATA COLLECTION?...
  3. why do I keep having to reboot because my system starts to go really slow and hang sometimes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do I keep having to reboot because my system starts to go really slow and hang sometimes?: why do I keep having to reboot because my system starts to go really slow and hang sometimes? Is because WINDOWS IS IT JUST BASICALLY **** **** AND MICROFLACID ARE MORE BOTHERED ABOUT PROFILING AND DATA COLLECTION?...
  4. Application is hanging over RDP connection only if connection is started from domain member...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application is hanging over RDP connection only if connection is started from domain member...: Customer has really weird problem - they are using ERP system over RDP connetion, both desktop sessions and RemoteApp sessions, depends of user work profile.Now, about month ago we got some calls, that ERP system is staying in "Not responding" status for 15-30 minutes, if...
  5. Application is hanging over RDP connection only if connection is started from domain member...

Application is hanging over RDP connection only if connection is started from domain member...: Customer has really weird problem - they are using ERP system over RDP connetion, both desktop sessions and RemoteApp sessions, depends of user work profile.Now, about month ago we got some calls, that ERP system is staying in "Not responding" status for 15-30 minutes, if...
  6. after one drive set my system started hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after one drive set my system started hanging: after one drive set my system started hanging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-one-drive-set-my-system-started-hanging/7a7eeb4f-b80c-464f-bb39-d6e775320ae0
  7. after one drive set my system started hanging

after one drive set my system started hanging: after one drive set my system started hanging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-one-drive-set-my-system-started-hanging/7a7eeb4f-b80c-464f-bb39-d6e775320ae0
  8. after one drive set my system started hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Mouse starts to shiver in no moving state and gets hang in middle while not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse starts to shiver in no moving state and gets hang in middle while not doing anything: mouse starts to shiver in no moving state and gets hang in middle while not doing anything how to fix it?* Moved from Bing* Changed to a question* Original title: mouse issue...
  10. Mouse starts to shiver in no moving state and gets hang in middle while not doing anything

Mouse starts to shiver in no moving state and gets hang in middle while not doing anything: mouse starts to shiver in no moving state and gets hang in middle while not doing anything how to fix it?* Moved from Bing* Changed to a question* Original title: mouse issue...