Windows 10: Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs.

Discus and support Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Community, I noticed recently alot of my programs hang when i leave my pc on when i go out to walk the dog or do the laundry or even go take a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Draconic 500, May 29, 2020.

1. Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs.

Dear Community,

I noticed recently alot of my programs hang when i leave my pc on when i go out to walk the dog or do the laundry or even go take a bath. When i come back, alot of programs, when clicked on, do not work. A person actually from a steam post figured out that a controller can cause this, but cannot fix the issue. Probem still occurs because something else hangs up the pc still, and then if you do unplug a controller, the controller is non-functional. Then when you try to reset and restart your pc, it hangs up on restarting.

Please check out more info here on people who used a programmer to figure out that pc controllers were part of the issue, but not the whole hanging up apps problem. It has to do with leaving your pc on.

Here is the link to the steam post about it:

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1843566500531445264/?ctp=9

At first the original poster thinks it is a steam only thing, but it is proven it effects other programs on a pc also. Can microsoft look into this issue please? Thank you. I know this is a public community forum, but i would like to let microsoft know about this issue. Thank you for reading.

Still, i have to do hard resets because my pc hangs up on restarting it.

:)

Draconic 500, May 29, 2020
  2. Divin3 Win User

Windows 10 hangs/freezes on Restart

If this happens even during installation, that means that it is probably a hardware issue. To troubleshoot the problem, I suggest doing the following steps:

1. Install Hard Disk Sentinel and use it to check your HDD/SSD for problems.
    2. Use MemTest to make sure that your RAM is ok. Here is a how to - guide.

After You done these two steps, give a feedback of the results.

Divin3, May 29, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 29, 2020
  4. Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs.

PC will not restart

I would like to have you run a Clean Boot.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your antivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the
    Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs. 7W6b39o.png
    keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs. 0JgaJnG.png

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs. yIKrmLs.png

7. Click on Apply then OK

Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs. ljHR4ZW.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

If the problem does not continue after the restart please do the following.

8. Divide the number of these startup services and programs by two and you place checks in the first half of these, then restart the computer.

9. If the problem doesn't return in those services and programs remove the checks and place checks in the remaining services and programs and restart the computer.

10. When you find which half the service or program is in go on to the next step.

11. The half which has the service causing this problem remove half of the checks as you did previously to see which half has this service. Do the same for the programs. Restart the computer.

12. If it isn't in the first half of these services and programs, do the same with the last half of the services and programs.

13. Once you have narrowed it down to the last three or four services and programs remove the checks one at a time till you find the service or program at fault.

Once you have found the service or program post it in your topic. Do not take any action until I suggest the next step.

FreeBooter, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs.

1. Hangups on Restarting pc and hanging up programs. - Similar Threads - Hangups Restarting hanging

2. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC hangs and Restart: Hi my PC has been hanging and restarting after the hang. Checking the event logs, there is this error that occurs:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  3. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC hangs and Restart: Hi my PC has been hanging and restarting after the hang. Checking the event logs, there is this error that occurs:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  4. PC hangs and Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc hangs up

pc hangs up: Ctrl/alt/delete gets it going again but shortly after it freezes again, any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-hangs-up/cfe33a9f-1324-4b60-98fd-2f296e3f866e
  6. Windows "hangs". Functionality is there but programs seize up until the PC is restarted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows "hangs". Functionality is there but programs seize up until the PC is restarted.: [ATTACH] I built my PC about 8 months ago and for the most part it's been great. My biggest issue with the machine has been an occasional instance where Windows slowly seizes to function. It starts with my iQue RGB lighting turning to default, my wallpaper animation...
  7. PC hangs up after update on restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC hangs up after update on restart?: As briefly shown above, my PC has been stuck since yesterday when I rebooted. I had to do an update, and when rebooting it doesn't get any further. The BIOS boots and then the HP icon appears (since I have an HP computer). Shortly after that a text appears: It tries to...
  8. Programs stop opening and Windows hangs on restart

Programs stop opening and Windows hangs on restart: This issue seems to have been happening to me ever since the new Windows 10 update from a couple months back. I'm currently on Version 1903 with OS Build 18362.418. I cannot find a direct correlation to when it starts happening, but eventually, a number of programs will...
  9. windows 10 restarting hangup

windows 10 restarting hangup: the PC continues to show restarting, but never completes the task of restarting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-restarting-hangup/bbe987bc-4221-4905-ad03-94fa00e0c99b
  10. Hangups

Hangups: My computer with Windows 10 is hanging up. I get (not responding on Microsoft applications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hangups/43036d20-c8f7-4f4b-9151-5173140b6e9e