Windows 10: Hanvon Rollick graphics tablet making my Desktop behave like a tablet

Discus and support Hanvon Rollick graphics tablet making my Desktop behave like a tablet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; (I've just tried "preview post" several times and each time it's stripped the whitespace and turned my ten paragraphs into a megaparagraph. I'm going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by j160, Dec 23, 2017.

1. j160 Win User

Hanvon Rollick graphics tablet making my Desktop behave like a tablet

(I've just tried "preview post" several times and each time it's stripped the whitespace and turned my ten paragraphs into a megaparagraph. I'm going to try pressing "submit new thread" and hope it doesn't do it this time.)

Hello
    My Wacom tablet's pen has died and I hope to have a new one arriving in a few days but in the meantime I dug out an old Hanvon Rollick tablet which isn't supported under Windows 10 (which I use) but I nevertheless found some Windows 7 drivers for it which people reported working under Windows 10.

The problem is my PC is trying to behave like a tablet e.g. putting that blue teardrop thing on text boxes on Chrome (I'm not sure of its correct name) and when I try to ctrl-click a link, it shows a little "ctrl" label under the cursor and won't open the link in a new tab like it's supposed to and just does it in the same tab.

It takes multiple tries to right-click and open a link and when I hover over the link the cursor keeps rapidly flashing between the arrow and finger icons.

It is very difficult to click minimise, restore or close on Chrome because hovering over them doesn't make them go red and clicking on them doesn't tend to make them do anything unless you try many, many times.It's being profoundly irritating in programs other than Chrome too but those are some examples.

I was used to old my Wacom (Volito 2) trying to do tablet-like things but stopped it doing bubbles with gpedit's "turn off pen feedback" and disabled "press and hold" under "Pen and Touch".

I've disabled Windows Ink to try to help with the Rollick. I also tried disabling the "touch keyboard and handwriting panel service" under Services (the only thing called "touch" I could see there). Neither helped.

I've tried stopping the following under Task Manager: 'jwpen', 'Tablet service', 'Tablet Service for consumer driver', 'tablet user module for consumer driver', 'Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel' and 'Touch User Mode Driver'.

They either did nothing to help or stopped it working altogether.What's frustrating to me is it spontaneously stopped trying to behave like a tablet for about ten minutes earlier this morning when all I'd done was minimise photoshop and look through Chrome's history. It was behaving beautifully then started acting up again when I browsed the internet for a while.

I also have an old Wacom Bamboo Touch plugged in right now (it isn't causing the problem, the Rollick was the same when I had both Wacom's fully uninstalled) and the Bamboo Touch is working perfectly (it's just annoying to use because it's a glorified trackpad).

The Rollick though is managing to override the fact I have press and hold disabled under "pen and touch" as well as the other things I mentioned.I hope that's clear although it's awkward to explain that the graphics tablet is making the PC behave like a tablet PC. I was just wondering if there's any other way to try to stop tablet-behaviour. I've attached a screenshot of what I described in the first sentence of the second paragraph.Thanks

:)

2. graphics tablets and Windows 10 issues

I have an old Wacom Volito 2 graphics tablet that I use on my netbook when it's set up at home rather than on the road with me.

My netbook has (successfully) upgraded from Windows 7 to 10.

Today, my graphics tablet has (apparently on its own) started behaving as if Windows wants it to be a finger on a touch-sensitive screen: all the flicks and gestures and the like that I carefully disabled a couple of years ago in Win7 all seem to be available
    again: the intrusive onscreen visual indicators of a right-click, a complete loss of the sort of sensitivity I associate with NOT using a fat forefinger, all that stuff. (I can't remember how I stopped it previously: I think I found a setting somewhere in
    7 but it might've been a registry hack...)

Additionally, any time I cursor into a text box I get the onscreen keyboard appearing, which I either have to close with the X or just start typing on the keyboard, which means it realises I don't need it and it goes away anyway. (This is not new: Windows
    10 brought this reaction to a graphics tablet with it and I can't work out how to disable it.)

This is not a tablet PC. How do I make it behave like before, please, preferably without unplugging the graphics tablet (which I use instead of a mouse as I'm prone to RSI)?

oblivion-62, Dec 23, 2017
  3. Duplicate App Opens When I Click On Tile

What I've described is not an issue. It is a default behavior Windows 10. Windows 8 did not behave this way. What is want is a method to make it behave like it used to.

IF you are in tablet mode, and you press on a tile from the Start Screen, and that app is already opened, it simply takes you to that app. This is what I want to do.

My desktop has multiple monitors, therefore Windows will not allow tablet mode, only desktop.

When you're in desktop mode, and you click on a tile, and that app is already open, it opens ANOTHER version of the same app. How do I turn this off?

RyanDeegan, Dec 23, 2017
Thema:

Hanvon Rollick graphics tablet making my Desktop behave like a tablet

1. Hanvon Rollick graphics tablet making my Desktop behave like a tablet - Similar Threads - Hanvon Rollick graphics

2. Drawing/Graphics tablet not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drawing/Graphics tablet not working: Hi there,I am trying to make my own font on Microsoft Font Maker on my laptop with an old Wacom Drawing Tablet Model ET-0405A-U. I connect it to my laptop wired USB connection and open Font Maker. I go over to the A and try to write it with the pen on the tablet. Nothing...
  3. Graphics tablet (is it worth it)?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics tablet (is it worth it)?: For 45€ you can get the https://www.amazon.de/GAOMON-Tablett-Express-Druckstufen-Batterie/dp/B07R49KYCF/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=grafiktablett&qid=1594546229&s=computers&sr=1-3 or should I get it for 199€...
  4. Posible solution for Hanvon Rollick 0504, 0604 Graphicspal GP0806 graphic tablet to work on...

Posible solution for Hanvon Rollick 0504, 0604 Graphicspal GP0806 graphic tablet to work on...: For all the owners of Hanvon Rollick graphic tablet (Including Model 0504, Model 0604 and Hanvon Graphicspal GP0806) i have got a solution. It worked for my Model 0604 and Hanvon Graphicspal GP0806. Hanvon has a hidden link for windows 10 driver which works on 64 bit as...
  5. Graphic's tablet pen not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphic's tablet pen not working.: Hello i'm looking to see if someone could help me. I use a UGEE EX05 Drawing tablet for my work and up until yesterday it worked just fine. Then windows updated and now i can't get the pen to work properly. When i used the tablet after the update the Stabilization and pen...
  6. WP8060 Graphics Tablet

WP8060 Graphics Tablet: I was having trouble with my tablet, the pen only covers 2/3 of the right portion of my screen. I wiped out my laptop and did a brand new install of Win 10. It then worked fine. But after the last update of Win 10, the previous problem has cropped up again. I don't have...
  7. Problem with graphic tablet

Problem with graphic tablet: Hi! I have a problem regarding my graphic tablet. It doesn't work unless my wireless mouse is also connected to the laptop. Can you please help me fix this?...
  8. Graphic tablet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphic tablet: I have Ugee m708 Graphics Tablet but a pen suddenly stopped working. It is a new pen because an old one broke down and I had to buy a new one. I see that the tablet doesn’t recognize a pen because a blue light isn’t flashing. I tried unplugging the USB cord and plugging it...
  9. Graphics Tablet Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Graphics Tablet Issues: I have a X-pen star03 graphics tablet and when I hook it up to other computers the hidden icon immediately pops up on the task bar and I just can set it up from there, But when I set it up to the windows 10 tablet, my pen pressure doesn't work ( which is only the case if you...
  10. making website desktop shortcut on tablet

in Browsers and Email
    making website desktop shortcut on tablet: rca cambio w101 v2 w10, explorer asked about stuff before, was never sure of things I have couple of website dsktp shortcuts, but now cant figure out how to do it again. Something could be wrong, I'll be sending it back soon, but meantime..... 82778

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hanvon tablet chrome mouse mode