Windows 10: Happens when I click an app on the task bar

Discus and support Happens when I click an app on the task bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TutePM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lumg85/happens_when_i_click_an_app_on_the_task_bar/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TutePM, Feb 28, 2021.

1. /u/TutePM Win User

Happens when I click an app on the task bar

/u/TutePM, Feb 28, 2021

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 28, 2021
  3. What's happened to my windows bar?

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

As you are still facing issues with Start screen, apps and Task bar after an update, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC, to open the
      Task manager

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type Powershell.

• Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml'; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

• Close the Powershell window.

• Reboot/Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Happens when I click an app on the task bar

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Happens when I click an app on the task bar

1. Happens when I click an app on the task bar - Similar Threads - Happens click app

2. When I try to run an app from the icon on the task bar, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to run an app from the icon on the task bar, nothing happens.: If I press control-alt-elete and then run the task manager that solves the problem for a few times and then stops again. How do I fix this . . . I have already ran a full virus and malware scan with multiple programs and SFC and DISM...
  3. When I try to run an app from the icon on the task bar, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to run an app from the icon on the task bar, nothing happens.: If I press control-alt-elete and then run the task manager that solves the problem for a few times and then stops again. How do I fix this . . . I have already ran a full virus and malware scan with multiple programs and SFC and DISM...
  4. When I try to run an app from the icon on the task bar, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task bar double click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar double click: How can I make task bar items respond to a double click. I know the intention is quick access but everything else is double click so that's what the brain does and the outcome is even slower access whilst closing the second opening of the chosen item!...
  6. Task bar double click

Task bar double click: How can I make task bar items respond to a double click. I know the intention is quick access but everything else is double click so that's what the brain does and the outcome is even slower access whilst closing the second opening of the chosen item!...
  7. Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...: I have three monitors and have set the task bar to appear on all three monitors. I want to set the task bar up so that if I click on a shortcut saved in the task bar on a certain monitor that the app will open on the monitor that I clicked the task bar... Not on where the app...
  8. Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...

Windows 11 Task Bar Setting To Open App via Task Bar and Open App on Screen that I clicked...: I have three monitors and have set the task bar to appear on all three monitors. I want to set the task bar up so that if I click on a shortcut saved in the task bar on a certain monitor that the app will open on the monitor that I clicked the task bar... Not on where the app...
  9. Nothing happen when I click teh search bar icon

in Cortana
    Nothing happen when I click teh search bar icon: Nothing except cortana popping up for a second in task manager and closing againI have tried:Another user accountrestartingupdatingPasting a long command in the Powershell Dont remember the commandDoing the one system scan thingy in CMD everything fineI am a bit new to...
  10. PC: When I click on icon on bottom bar, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC: When I click on icon on bottom bar, nothing happens: First of all, what is the correct name for the bar on bottom of screen that has icons? When I left click on icon on bottom bar, nothing happens. If I reboot, that fixes the problem for a day or so, then the problem comes back. Is there a way I can fix this other than by...