Windows 10: Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed

Discus and support Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1052) Link to logs: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamieTwelve, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed

Running Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1052) Link to logs: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. I come back to the PC and it has crashed. Happening multiple times a day now. In error reporting it says: Shut down unexpectedly. Hardware error. Thanks in advance for any help. You guys are awesome and have helped me in the past with Windows 7 issues. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:LiveKernelEvent Code:117 Parameter 1:ffffcd09f0b97010 Parameter 2:fffff8045f967f64 Parameter 3:0 Parameter 4:0 OS version:10_0_19043 Service Pack:0_0 Product:768_1 OS Version:10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID:1033

:)

JamieTwelve, Jun 22, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

From BSOD to Windows Crash

We did suggest pages back to update the BIOS to 2.50, what was the reason again why you downgraded?

Please run a test on your hard drive, if there is a thing annoying it is that there are causes you wouldn't expect. In situations like this one where there is only 1 thing that triggers a BSOD, it can still happen for various of reasons. Though it can be very difficult to diagnose, it is easier to rule things out.
    To sum it up what we've done until now:
    There are many memory BSODs you've had,
    • Driver verifier results in the same drivers no matter what version,
    • RAM test does not show any problem,
    • Reseating the memory doesn't change anything,
    • As far as I understood it is not a software/driver conflict or something.
    • Other games do not cause any problem, and I assume other games may be using as much or more VRAM as the game causing BSODs.
    One other thing I can think of that causes memory crashes is the hard drive, that is why I suggest a hard drive diagnostics test.

Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed [​IMG]
    HDD TEST
    *Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed arrow.png
    Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the error scan,
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 22, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed

1. Hard crash, assume BSOD though not observed - Similar Threads - Hard crash assume

2. Just an observation - no question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just an observation - no question: I wasn't really willing to upgrade to Windows 11 however, upgrading to Windows 11 Pro fixed 2 issues I had with my 9 month old HP laptop - shutting down from the start menu would only restart the device and start menu fonts became really tiny. I was advised by HP that the...
  3. Master Browser Observation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Master Browser Observation: To start, this is an observation, not a recommendation. Once upon a time my home LAN was 100% XP and it performed flawlessly. Times change and now I have only 3 Windows 10 machines on the LAN and, like others, I've experienced LAN problems following Windows 10 upgrades....
  4. BSOD, but mostly hard crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, but mostly hard crashes: I'm getting frequent hard crashes while running games fullscreen, with the occasional BSOD. I removed Kaspersky, thinking it could be the cause, run sfc /scannow, tried different video drivers, etc. I even rolled back to a time before the crashes were happening, but they...
  5. E-SATA Observations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E-SATA Observations: Ok I think this is some valuable information that needs to be out there. As this is what I encountered with my machine. I don't know if all machines will do the same but this is what happened for me. Just my 2 cents worth.. *Smile A while ago there was a discussion...
  6. Watchdog violation assume this is a bsod

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Watchdog violation assume this is a bsod: Hi, Okay besides stop oc'ing to all core 48 is there anything meaningful in this ? MASQWW-WIN-10-X-Thu_11_09_2017_201606_88.zip Code: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 11/9/2017 8:07:33 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...
  7. Interesting observation Re: disabling Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Interesting observation Re: disabling Hard Drives: I just noticed while investigating the disabling of hard drives in Device Manager in Win 10 that it doesn't require a reboot to set the status as is necessary in Windows 7. Any idea why? 56741
  8. Observation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Observation.: *Kill Hi all. i am not sure about your good selves,however, for my part I dread microsoft updates arriving! Having started back in the days of DOS and gradually progessed via the Microsoft chain of dross via W97,W97 second edition,good old XP, Vista, wonderful Windows 7,...
  9. Interesting Observation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Interesting Observation: I reserved a copy of Win10 Upgrade for a Win8.1 Pro and on 7/30/15 files were downloaded but I delayed installing. Today I started it from the GWX icon in the Notification Area but to my surprise the $Windows.~BT Folder dated 7/30/15 [with files of 7/30/15] was gone and the...
  10. More observations

in Windows 10 Support
    More observations: Just installed 10049 and it only took 3 hours or so. It seems better than 10041 thus far. The only way to get this update was by joining the FAST ring. The biggie for me is that it installed the Hi Def Audio for the chipset (OK - I forgot to disable onboard *Sad first). It...