Windows 10: Hard crashes when playing games. Forces reboot of system

Discus and support Hard crashes when playing games. Forces reboot of system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win 10 updated Ryzen 5 1600 6core updated Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti 4 GB Updated Ran Stress tests on CPU, ROG GPU Heaven RAM Memtest, and all are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by noel_one2, May 15, 2020.

1. noel_one2 Win User

Hard crashes when playing games. Forces reboot of system

Win 10 updated

Ryzen 5 1600 6core updated

Nvidia Geforce 1050 Ti 4 GB Updated

Ran Stress tests on CPU, ROG GPU Heaven RAM Memtest, and all are good.

When playing High Graphics games the system will suddenly crash and reboot.

View event shows:

Error:41
    Error: 126

Event View also shows

"The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from demand start to auto start."

AND THEN "The start type of the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was changed from auto start to demand start."

This is driving me crazy.

:)

noel_one2, May 15, 2020

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 15, 2020
  3. Draken Win User
    Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

Hello,

I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots

So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning.

As suggested in the linked thread I disabled fast startup, which sadly didnt fix the problem.

I also monitored my temperatures which are fine. A workaround that seems to be stable is lowering my graphics settings to very low.

I attached my V2 Logs after a Crash. Windows Version is 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)

Draken, May 15, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Hard crashes when playing games. Forces reboot of system - Similar Threads - Hard crashes playing

2. Pc crashing while playing a game and nothing on screen after hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashing while playing a game and nothing on screen after hard reboot: Hello,I have this issue for a week now. My PC keeps crashing 10 to 20 minute in a game. The game freezes and i have to hard reboot the pc. Once i do the hard reboot nothing appear on the screen and all my peripheral keyboard and mouse are off. I also have the DRAM led on...
  3. System Crashes, forced closes and unable to play most games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Crashes, forced closes and unable to play most games: Hi All Last month my laptop died and it just had no operating system windows, I took it into a laptop repair place and they swapped out the hard drive from there it seemed to work but had these random crashes at first was only every few days but now its nearly every 30-40...
  4. System Crashes, forced closes and unable to play most games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Crashes, forced closes and unable to play most games: Hi All Last month my laptop died and it just had no operating system windows, I took it into a laptop repair place and they swapped out the hard drive from there it seemed to work but had these random crashes at first was only every few days but now its nearly every 30-40...
  5. Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games crash or system crash frequently when playing games: Initially I thought it was the problem of a specific game. But later on I found for all the games COD16, DOTA2, APEX, Satisfactory, Conan exile and so on I'm actively playing, either the system would crash bluescreen or the game itself would crash once I've played it for a...
  6. Computer force reboots when playing games: Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer force reboots when playing games: Event ID 41: Hello, recently I've been experiencing my PC rebooting when I load up a game or graphical benchmark. I suspect it's to do with my GPU though I have updated my drivers. Here is the event log: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System>...
  7. Game crashing and system reboot

Game crashing and system reboot: Windows 10 10.0.18362 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super IntelR CoreTM i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz I have a brand new pc. When i launch a game such as Call of Duty: Warzone, Sea of Thieves, Fortnite, i get a crash to desktop. Sometimes the crash even results in my system completely...
  8. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  9. System crash when playing some online games.

in Windows 10 Support
    System crash when playing some online games.: Hello! Since a while ago, I started experiencing some system freezes when playing certain games. (FFXIV, ARK, ATLAS) I wiped my system and the problem stopped, but a few days ago it started again : / I opened the reliability history and found out it is caused by the WMI...
  10. Asus G752VSK hard crashing when playing games

Asus G752VSK hard crashing when playing games: Hey there. I've purchased this laptop in November and I've RMA'd it three times. The first time, Asus replaced the SSD. On the other two, they insist there's nothing wrong with it. Fact is, the laptop keeps on crashing and rebooting randomly when playing games. It has...