Windows 10: Hard Disk at 100% all the time

Discus and support Hard Disk at 100% all the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello... My english is not that good, sorry me please. I think the problem is with Windows Update. When i start my computer it starts downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lucas Said, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Hard Disk at 100% all the time

Hello... My english is not that good, sorry me please. I think the problem is with Windows Update. When i start my computer it starts downloading updates, it puts the hdd at 100% of use, and makes my computer useless. I have another computer with an ssd and of course this doesn't happen. I'm not the only one dealing with this. Please fix it

:)

Lucas Said, Feb 26, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

hard drive is at 100% all the time

Hi andrewgetz1 ,

If you mean your hard drive is at 100% access all the time:

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

Click on the Disk Column Header so the arrow faces down

What processes are now at the top of the processes list?

DaveM121, Feb 26, 2019
  3. TimGrandt Win User
    Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Hard Disk at 100% all the time

Amit Daigavane, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Hard Disk at 100% all the time

1. Hard Disk at 100% all the time - Similar Threads - Hard Disk 100%

2. Disk Runs at 100% All the Time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Runs at 100% All the Time?: My computer runs very slow and struggles to run basic programs such as Spotify, Chrome, or Steam, especially when running multiple programs at once. It seems to be my disk, as it runs at 100% constantly and I don't know why. I've tried troubleshooting on my own, but I'm not...
  3. Disk Runs at 100% All the Time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Runs at 100% All the Time?: My computer runs very slow and struggles to run basic programs such as Spotify, Chrome, or Steam, especially when running multiple programs at once. It seems to be my disk, as it runs at 100% constantly and I don't know why. I've tried troubleshooting on my own, but I'm not...
  4. 100% hard disk active time in windows11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% hard disk active time in windows11.: hello my name is arsalan ahmad quraishi and i am facing an issue of system slow boot & slow working. i opened my task manager app and saw 100% disk active time while disk usage is below 40%. I already did clean windows 11 installation but it didn't solve my problem. i fully...
  5. 100% hard disk active time in windows11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% hard disk active time in windows11.: hello my name is arsalan ahmad quraishi and i am facing an issue of system slow boot & slow working. i opened my task manager app and saw 100% disk active time while disk usage is below 40%. I already did clean windows 11 installation but it didn't solve my problem. i fully...
  6. PLAGUED with disk 100% usage - ALL the time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PLAGUED with disk 100% usage - ALL the time.: Hi guys. So i've been plagued with Windows 10 doing a 100% disk usage on my storage drives. I have windows installed to drive C: - a m.2 raid 0 array. and i have two harddrives (D: and E:) which for some reason months, weeks or days after a fresh reformat, windows at some...
  7. 100% usage of disk all time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% usage of disk all time: i have a issue of 100% usage of disk shows in task manager all time and i think it slows down my laptop and everything is starts not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-usage-of-disk-all-time/a4ede68e-b4bb-4791-96a6-96d72510f9cf
  8. Disk runs at 100% almost all the time

Disk runs at 100% almost all the time: Hi, so my PC is a custom build and has high specs and have always had this 100% disk problem. I have used 3 different antivirus software which hasnt detected anything, so dont think it is that. There seems to be alot of updates that happening which could be affecting it or...
  9. Disk ruining 96 - 100% all the time.

Disk ruining 96 - 100% all the time.: What can i do the fix this and speed up my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/disk-ruining-96-100-all-the-time/882aa98c-2ffa-4d1c-8605-2c573f4cbcc1
  10. Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time: My computer's disk usage is constantly at 100%. when I check the task manager the most disk intensive process is Service Host: Local System (16) which fluctuates between 20MB/s and 1MB/s. 100506