Windows 10: hard disk broken, my free windows is gone.

Discus and support hard disk broken, my free windows is gone. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Please advise what i can do. My laptop hard disk is damaged because I accidentally dropped it. I have to replace it with a new one. My laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shintiad, May 28, 2020.

1. shintiad Win User

hard disk broken, my free windows is gone.

Hi,

Please advise what i can do.

My laptop hard disk is damaged because I accidentally dropped it. I have to replace it with a new one. My laptop originally came with Win 8.1 and i upgraded to Win 10 during free upgrade period.

I ask the technical service that fixes my laptop if my original windows will disappear or not and they said yes because my hard disk is broken and they can’t back up it.

Then, i check my device on my microsoft account and it still registered with Win10.

Is there another way to be able to restore my old windows?

:)

shintiad, May 28, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 28, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, May 28, 2020
  4. hard disk broken, my free windows is gone.

External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 28, 2020
Thema:

hard disk broken, my free windows is gone.

1. hard disk broken, my free windows is gone. - Similar Threads - hard disk broken

2. my E disk is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my E disk is gone: I have a laptop, an hour ago my laptop started freezing and crashed two times, it stopped but weirdly my E disk is not there anymore, why is that? and how do i get it back?...
  3. my E disk is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my E disk is gone: I have a laptop, an hour ago my laptop started freezing and crashed two times, it stopped but weirdly my E disk is not there anymore, why is that? and how do i get it back?...
  4. my E disk is gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free up hard disk space Windows 7/10?: Hello, I was just about to back up the data from my flash drive to the hard drive. There is 26 GB of free disk space missing. I just deleted it. A lot more. But now there is still 26 GB of storage space missing. What can I do? Thanks! Festplatte Speicherplatz...
  6. Free hard disk software.

Free hard disk software.: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% 153294
  7. Free hard disk software.

in Windows 10 Support
    Free hard disk software.: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% 153294
  8. After doing wipe free space disk, now my laptop completely broken.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After doing wipe free space disk, now my laptop completely broken.: I used a program called Hddcleaner. I did some cleaning stuff yesterday. Cleaned disk free space too. After restart, then suddenly my laptop completely unable to do anything. I cant open safe mode, i cant open installation tool and anything. Cant sign in, cant safe mode,cant...
  9. windows 10 my disk is gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 my disk is gone: Have Windows 10. I run system restore to an earlier restore point. When finished, my second disk holding 3 partitions were gone! Restart didnt help In disk manager, the list disk ccomes up as unknown. The program wants me to format the disk. which will not do of course....
  10. Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors

Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors: Can some one advise the best free software to repair hard disk bad sectors. It should not be a trial version for repairing only one or few bad sectors. 50493