Windows 10: Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker

Discus and support Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,My hard drive won't open Tips “The volume repair was not successful” and Unable to decrypt . click Turn off BitLocker Tips The device is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pegasus-MC, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker

Hello,My hard drive won't open Tips “The volume repair was not successful” and Unable to decrypt . click Turn off BitLocker Tips The device is not ready

Please help me Thank you!

Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker e6b9ef1a-2230-4be7-8471-7a10a609c03a?upload=true.png

Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker 224d471d-f55d-4b5a-9e6c-3bb8fbd33ae1?upload=true.png

Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker 9d32ad16-9acb-4979-b733-eb175007d03a?upload=true.png

:)

Pegasus-MC, Jul 16, 2019

2. ReFS File System on Hard disk

Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard disk? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks.

I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused.

AzharHamzah1, Jul 17, 2019
  3. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee424315(v=ws.10).aspx

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker

Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker

1. Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Can't

2. bitlocker key for extranl hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker key for extranl hard disk: Hi Team,Could you please help me with the below?I recently updated to Windows 11 and I have installed the SSD card instead of HDD. After this process when I connected to the external hard drive it asking the Bit locker key but I never gave the Bit locker key. Could you please...
  3. bitlocker key for extranl hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker key for extranl hard disk: Hi Team,Could you please help me with the below?I recently updated to Windows 11 and I have installed the SSD card instead of HDD. After this process when I connected to the external hard drive it asking the Bit locker key but I never gave the Bit locker key. Could you please...
  4. can't open disks

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't open disks: I can't open disks , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-disks/fa9d01dd-f1ab-45c7-b86b-9ec46553ba97
  5. can't open disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open disks: I can't open disks , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-disks/fa9d01dd-f1ab-45c7-b86b-9ec46553ba97
  6. can't open disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BitLocker - External Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker - External Hard Disk: I have Western Digital Hard Disk. It is BitLocker protected. I have Key ID i.e. 7BF91855. Is there anyway I can retrieve my bitlocker recovery key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-external-hard-disk/ec9c56aa-15d6-42f9-aff0-f88af87a5b1c
  8. Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk: I use the BitLocker to protect my laptop. But there is something wrong when I use my USB hard disk. 1. Some folders of my USB hard disk can be opened with my password such as : D>backup 2.Some folder can not be opened, when I double click the D>works folder, there is a...
  9. ReFS File System on Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ReFS File System on Hard drive: Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard drive? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks. I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused. 130010
  10. ReFS File System on Hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS File System on Hard disk: Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard disk? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks. I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused....