Windows 10: Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

Discus and support Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a HP laptop. My window files are present in SSD and there is a separate Hard disk also. Whenever I start my laptop its says scanning and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dilpreet Singh 12607, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

I have a HP laptop. My window files are present in SSD and there is a separate Hard disk also. Whenever I start my laptop its says scanning and repairing hard disk drive and takes long time to start. It also take long time to shut down. At first copying files to HDD takes long time and the files also got corrupt. Now, In This PC size of hard disk driveavailable storage, total storage is also not shownSDD's is shown and HDD folder is not opening. Whenever I open "This PC" green line on top runs like it loads. Now deleting and moving files in SSD also take more time than before and laptop

:)

Dilpreet Singh 12607, Aug 11, 2022
  2. zbook Win User

Help with hard disk "corruption"

The information about clone versus image was to report the problem related to disk signatures. If you are not experiencing that problem then you can move on to other steps. It was not a suggestion to clone or not clone. It was to report an unforeseen problem that can occur.

If you are able to run chkdsk /x /f /r on the drive it can place files on parts of the drive where there are no bad blocks.

zbook, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Hard Disk is unreadable after updates

Hi Hermawan,

There are a number of reasons why hard disk drives fail. It may fail due to software or firmware damages which makes it unable to interact with the computer, or it may simply be corrupted due to problematic information on the
    disk. For us to isolate you concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• How long have you been using the device?
    • Have you made changes on the device prior to the incident?
    • Was it damaged physically prior to the incident?
    • What have you done so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you check the steps provided by
    Time Lady on this
    thread
    and see if it helps.

We look forward to your response.

Rey Bel1, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

External Hard Drive Problems

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you to run Check disk and check if it helps:

Check disk is a utility that can check your hard drive for corrupted segments and fix them. You can refer to these steps to run the Check disk utility:

• Press Windows key + X, select “Command promt (Admin)”.
    • In the command prompt window, type “chkdsk/r” and press Enter.
    • Press “Y” when it asks if you want to check disk to run when the computer boots the next time.
    • Restart the computer for Check disk to detect and repair any corrupted sectors in your hard drive.

Important: While performing Error-checking or ChkDsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found and when attempting to repair that sector, the data available on that sector might be
    lost.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

1. Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem. - Similar Threads - Hard disk corrupt

2. hard disk problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk problem: i was using my pc with 2 hdd disks after i instilled windows 10 pro againbecz some problems after installing it shows only 1 of them i can't see the other hard even in disk manager but i can see it in bios plz help + the hard works fine in another pc...
  3. hard disk problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk problem: i was using my pc with 2 hdd disks after i instilled windows 10 pro againbecz some problems after installing it shows only 1 of them i can't see the other hard even in disk manager but i can see it in bios plz help + the hard works fine in another pc...
  4. Problem with Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Hard Disk: My PC has 2 drives, an SDD which holds all Windows files and an HDD with all other files. Games, photos, documents, etc. I recently formatted my HDD to clear space and start from a clean drive, and wanted to reinstall some of the games I used to have there. But after I've...
  5. Problem with Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Hard Disk: My PC has 2 drives, an SDD which holds all Windows files and an HDD with all other files. Games, photos, documents, etc. I recently formatted my HDD to clear space and start from a clean drive, and wanted to reinstall some of the games I used to have there. But after I've...
  6. Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.: I have a HP laptop. My window files are present in SSD and there is a separate Hard disk also. Whenever I start my laptop its says scanning and repairing hard disk drive and takes long time to start. It also take long time to shut down. At first copying files to HDD takes...
  7. Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk corrupt? or some other problem.: I have a HP laptop. My window files are present in SSD and there is a separate Hard disk also. Whenever I start my laptop its says scanning and repairing hard disk drive and takes long time to start. It also take long time to shut down. At first copying files to HDD takes...
  8. hard disk problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk problem: I have inherited a laptop with windows 10 home 64-bit 2.00GB RAM. HD SansDisk 1TB. When I tried Windows Update an error message told me needed more space to be able to install updates. Opened Disk Management and I can see three volumes on it for the HD with plenty of space...
  9. Hard disk corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk corruption: Does to many times doing clean installation ,resetting the pc or installing/ uninstalling programs corrupts the hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/hard-disk-corruption/673ac6c8-2d6a-46f9-8a6b-c54d2d6a7052
  10. Help with hard disk "corruption"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with hard disk "corruption": Six months ago I built a new system using ADATA PCIe 128GB NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD. Windows 10 Pro. No problems at all, use the PC to record cable tv (separate drive). Been using Paragon Backup Restore 16 to do weekly backups on the C drive. Working great for 20+ weeks....