Windows 10: Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

Discus and support Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Sir My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by raman600, Dec 18, 2018.

1. raman600 Win User

Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk

Dear Sir

My hard disk is corrupted. How will I install windows in another hard disk?

:)

raman600, Dec 18, 2018
  2. It's rohr Win User

Hard disk corruption

Does to many times doing clean installation ,resetting the pc or installing/ uninstalling programs corrupts the hard disk?

It's rohr, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Error "Windows can not to be installed on this hard disk, if other media available install window to another hard disk".

Hi Andre,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to install the Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

You might experience this kind of issues in Windows for a number of reasons. Some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• This issue might be caused due to the incorrect partition on the hard disk which would be the case the hard disk that the operating system was installed on.
    • The hard disk or partition might not be in NTFS format.
    (The NTFS file system provides better performance and security for data on hard disks and partitions or volumes than the FAT file system used in some earlier versions of Windows).

I suggest you to format the hard drive and then try installing Windows 10.

Hard disks, the primary storage devices on your computer, need to be formatted before you can use them. When you format a disk, you configure it with a file system so that Windows can store information on the disk.

Warning:

Make sure you take the backup of the data and then try formatting.

Formatting erases any existing files on a hard disk. If you format a hard disk that has files on it, the files will be deleted and can't be retrieved.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Dec 18, 2018
  4. defender Win User

hard disk driver

xp,

I successfully get past sc part of install, then install asks for hard disk drivers.

defender, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard Disk Corrupted - need to install windows in another hard disk - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Corrupted

2. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?: My hard disk has failed on my PC, It won’t boot because of this and I have to get a replacement from my PC’s company, however they told me I can pop in any other hard drive I have laying around to use my PC in the mean time.If I go out and buy a new SSD 1TB in replacement of...
  3. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?: My hard disk has failed on my PC, It won’t boot because of this and I have to get a replacement from my PC’s company, however they told me I can pop in any other hard drive I have laying around to use my PC in the mean time.If I go out and buy a new SSD 1TB in replacement of...
  4. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hard disk has failed, will I need to buy a new Windows Liscence to install another hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File transferring to another hard disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File transferring to another hard disk: So I was downloading a game from the Epic Games store and I wouldnt let me download because the disk it was in didnt have enough space. I need help because I dont know how to transfer it because its like embedded there. I also accidentally deleted a hard disk, but it didnt...
  7. Used hard disk in another laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Used hard disk in another laptop?: Howdy, my brother got a pc for his birthday a few days ago to replace his laptop Since the present was from my other brother, he thought that he has a hard disk in his laptop and therefore doesn't have to buy a new one. So he just put the hard disk of his laptop into the PC....
  8. Adding another hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding another hard disk: Hello, Planning to remove a hard disk from my old computer and install it as third disk in the new computer for data only. It has on it the crippled windows 10. Before using it I have to wipe it clean (partition, format), but first when I turn on the computer, will it affect...
  9. Hard disk corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk corruption: Does to many times doing clean installation ,resetting the pc or installing/ uninstalling programs corrupts the hard disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/hard-disk-corruption/673ac6c8-2d6a-46f9-8a6b-c54d2d6a7052
  10. Help with hard disk "corruption"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with hard disk "corruption": Six months ago I built a new system using ADATA PCIe 128GB NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD. Windows 10 Pro. No problems at all, use the PC to record cable tv (separate drive). Been using Paragon Backup Restore 16 to do weekly backups on the C drive. Working great for 20+ weeks....