Windows 10: Hard disk diagnostic software

Discus and support Hard disk diagnostic software in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to download a comprehensive testing software for the health of my disk drives, main concern at the moment is my Hitachi drives ( 2TB each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ffrree, Apr 13, 2020.

1. ffrree Win User

Hard disk diagnostic software

I would like to download a comprehensive testing software for the health of my disk drives, main concern at the moment is my Hitachi drives ( 2TB each ) which one at least has shown bad reads.

I have Seagate's Seatool which does not seem to recongize the Hitachi drives. Dose anyone know where to find the equivalent for Hitachi drives ?

I tried to find it on the Hitachi site, but nothing turn up it. Searching for my hard drive model to no avail.

Please help.

I am using Windows 10 Pro, fully updated.

:)

ffrree, Apr 13, 2020

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Hard disk diagnostic software :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Apr 14, 2020
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Hard disk diagnostic software

Hard Disc Diagnostic Software

Hey all. I just bought a WD Caviar Black 1TB and I do not have any software on my pc to check the drive for errors and what not.

Anyone know any good, preferably free, diagnostic software?

Would be much appreciated.

guitarfreaknation, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Hard disk diagnostic software

1. Hard disk diagnostic software - Similar Threads - Hard disk diagnostic

2. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk: Dear All,Recently I reinstalled my windows 11 after crashing. I had two hard disks. One is SDD which is working fine. But another hard disk is failing to initialize. I tried to initialize it, but it showed the message "a device which does not exist was specified." It would be...
  3. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk: Hello everyone?I don't know why my 2-nd hard disk not showing up after I updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.It doesn't show up even in disk management, computer management, cmd diskpart, and I tried in BIOS but I didn't fix it. I would like an answer as soon as...
  4. Hard disk

Hard disk: Hello everyone?I don't know why my 2-nd hard disk not showing up after I updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.It doesn't show up even in disk management, computer management, cmd diskpart, and I tried in BIOS but I didn't fix it. I would like an answer as soon as...
  5. winPE for Hard disk Diagnostics and Data Recovery purpose

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    winPE for Hard disk Diagnostics and Data Recovery purpose: Hi Friends I am into Data Recovery , Disk Imaging services .I am planning to build advanced winPE USB pen drive for emergency booting and diagnostics purpose. My challenge is to integrate following features in Pen drive --- 1) Pen drive should have latest NVME and USB 3.0...
  6. Free hard disk software.

Free hard disk software.: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% 153294
  7. Free hard disk software.

in Windows 10 Support
    Free hard disk software.: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% 153294
  8. No hard disk????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No hard disk????: So, there are many desktops not working in my school, but this is a weird one I'm talking about. It says on the screen: "Alert! No Hard disk" It's the second time it has happened. Is this a malfunction or not?...
  9. Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors

Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors: Can some one advise the best free software to repair hard disk bad sectors. It should not be a trial version for repairing only one or few bad sectors. 50493
  10. SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic: How to: SeaTools for DOS - Hard Drive Diagnostic How to Check Health of Drive with SeaTools for DOS [img] Information SeaTools is an easy-to-use that helps you determine what could be wrong with your machine. This tool works with all hard drives (NOT SSDs). This...