Windows 10: Hard Disk Drive Missing.

Discus and support Hard Disk Drive Missing. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Hard Disk Drive is Missing From My Laptop. Only SSD Is Shown. HDD Is not showing up In Disk Management and Device Manager. In File Explorer, Local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ambareesh_AM3, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Hard Disk Drive Missing.

My Hard Disk Drive is Missing From My Laptop. Only SSD Is Shown. HDD Is not showing up In Disk Management and Device Manager. In File Explorer, Local Disk C Is Shown. Other Drives Like D, E and F are Missing. Even My Boot Is Slowed Down. Please Help Me ASAP.

:)

Ambareesh_AM3, Mar 9, 2022

2. Disk Drive Missing

Hi Brycebb -

This is Orlando, an Independent Advisor and an expert with Windows 10. I understand that when you changed the connection of your hard drive from SATA to IDE, the other drive that you have is no longer visible on the windows explorer.

Is the missing hard drive a backup drive?

When you changed the connection of your hard drive from SATA to IDE, it might have changed the properties of your other hard drive or the cable connection of your other hard drive my have been loosen.

Please follow these steps to check if your other 1TB hard drive is still detectable by your computer.

1. Open the disk management by pressing the Windows Key + R and type diskmgmt.msc on the run box and press enter.

2. Disk Manage Utility will open and will display all the partitions and drive that is connected to your computer.

3. Check below and identify if how many hard drive can your computer detect. Usually OS is installed on Disk 0. If you can see other disk in there that means that computer still detect the drive on your machine. ( You can probably get a screenshot for a much better view when replying on this thread.)

4. Once the identified that the hard drive is there and is not set as unallocated drive, that means you can still assign a letter on the drive to make it accessible.

5. Next is open the command prompt with administrator access

6. Type the command diskpart >> diskpart utility tool will initiate

7. Type the command list disk >> It will display the current disk installed on your machine

8. Identify the disk that it missing on your computer. Usually Disk 0 is your OS drive.

9. Type the command select disk X >> replace X with the number of the missing disk.

10. Type assign >> This will assign a drive letter for the drive and will be accessible afterwards.

Once done, close the disk management and command prompt and check in windows explorer if the disk is visible and accessible.

Hope this helps, have a good day.

Thanks,

Independent Advisor

Orlando Q., Mar 9, 2022
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Mar 9, 2022
  4. Jess Bor Win User

Hard Disk Drive Missing.

HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

Hard Disk Drive Missing.

1. Hard Disk Drive Missing. - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Drive

2. Partition Missing on Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition Missing on Hard Disk: I was trying to install a Linux partition a few days ago but I decided to back out of the whole thing mid-process, but I had already partitioned 50 GB of my 512 hard drive from the Windows OS in my hard drive knowing I had enough free space to do so. Upon returning to...
  3. Partition Missing on Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition Missing on Hard Disk: I was trying to install a Linux partition a few days ago but I decided to back out of the whole thing mid-process, but I had already partitioned 50 GB of my 512 hard drive from the Windows OS in my hard drive knowing I had enough free space to do so. Upon returning to...
  4. Hard Disk Drive Missing.

Hard Disk Drive Missing.: My Hard Disk Drive is Missing From My Laptop. Only SSD Is Shown. HDD Is not showing up In Disk Management and Device Manager. In File Explorer, Local Disk C Is Shown. Other Drives Like D, E and F are Missing. Even My Boot Is Slowed Down. Please Help Me ASAP....
  5. Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Disk Drive: Hello,I just purchased a new HP computer and I have downloaded three programs and now my C drive says there is only 183GB of 237GB free and my entire hard disk drive which has 931 GB available has nothing in it. I don't know how to use the drive and have my programs...
  6. Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Drive: Hello,I just purchased a new HP computer and I have downloaded three programs and now my C drive says there is only 183GB of 237GB free and my entire hard disk drive which has 931 GB available has nothing in it. I don't know how to use the drive and have my programs...
  7. Hard Disk Drive

8. Hard drive is missing from disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive is missing from disk management: Hello , recently I was playing cod warzone on my laptop and then suddenly my it shut down and my drives except c disappeared and now it's not even starting up properly please help it's a new laptop submitted by /u/fattryingtobefit [link] [comments]...
  9. hard disk drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk drive: my drive is displaying a bad block error and wont open plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drive/f50b0966-36ba-4d86-84b3-867a6ced81ad
  10. Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Drive: How do I look at the various segments of the hard disk drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drive/b4524ded-cb90-48ef-a253-425794dce241