Windows 10: Hard disk drive, undetected in BIOS, not initialized

Discus and support Hard disk drive, undetected in BIOS, not initialized in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi! I have a 1000GB HDD which suddenly become unusable. Somehow, it was detected by Disk Management and Device Manager, but size is reduced to just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vincercom, Jan 15, 2021.

1. vincercom Win User

Hard disk drive, undetected in BIOS, not initialized

hi! I have a 1000GB HDD which suddenly become unusable. Somehow, it was detected by Disk Management and Device Manager, but size is reduced to just 3.86 GB. It doesn't appear on Windows Explorer. Please help me how to restore it so I can recover my important files. Thanks a lot!!

Hard disk drive, undetected in BIOS, not initialized 60f7cb26-c127-405d-884c-50670d199c9c?upload=true.jpg

:)

vincercom, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Jess Bor Win User

HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Problems with disk drive on DELL Inspiron Computer i560-3102MNK uses Windows 7 and has 6GB Memory with 1TB Hard drive

Hello Kelly,

It is possible that the issue could be hardware-related. We'd like to know if the hard drive is still being detected from the BIOS or Disk Management. To access Disk management, please follow the steps below:

1. From the Start Menu, right-click on the Computer icon and choose Manage from the context menu.
    2. Click on Disk Management, which appears in the left-hand side under the heading Storage.
    3. The list of the hard drives available is now be visible in the center of the window.

If you're able to find the hard disk from the list, you can try to create a partition on your hard disk. Please refer to this link:
    Create a partition on a Windows 7 Hard Disk.

If you're unable to find the hard drive, it is possible that the hard drive is failing. I suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Hard disk drive, undetected in BIOS, not initialized - Similar Threads - Hard disk drive

2. Hard Disk not initialized - formatting impossible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk not initialized - formatting impossible: I ran into a problem with my Hard Disk drive. It is not showing up on my PC. And in the disk management, it says "Uninitialized". Attempts to initialize the disk have yielded "Data error: Cyclic redundancy check". I have tried scan disk and checkdisk. The format option is not...
  3. Hard Disk not initialized - formatting impossible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk not initialized - formatting impossible: I ran into a problem with my Hard Disk drive. It is not showing up on my PC. And in the disk management, it says "Uninitialized". Attempts to initialize the disk have yielded "Data error: Cyclic redundancy check". I have tried scan disk and checkdisk. The format option is not...
  4. Hard Disk not initialized - formatting impossible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Initializing a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initializing a new hard drive: I am trying to initialize a new hard drive. I get "Access Denied" Virtual Disk Manager. What is the solution to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initializing-a-new-hard-drive/f29a0ab3-1ab2-4485-9763-e10ee27cd0ca
  6. Initialize Hard drive

Initialize Hard drive: Hi all, A friend of mine asked me if I can help him get his laptop back into working order. It is a Samsung model NP740U3L When I turn it on, after about a minute, it tells me: All boot option tried Press F4 for repair After pressing F4 it comes back to the same screen as...
  7. my hard drive is undetectable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my hard drive is undetectable: hello, this's the second time i face this problem is the same week, first it happened with my laptop Asus i was in a cafe on wifi everything seems to work fine, then my laptop shows a blue screen with a ":" and it goes off, when i turn it on it boots to BIOS and when i try...
  8. disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated"

disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated": Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.18362.1 Copyright C Microsoft Corporation. On computer: LAPTOP-1OE861US DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 1 Online 238 GB 0...
  9. Not Initializing my hard drive

Not Initializing my hard drive: When I try and initialize my disk it says "The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-initializing-my-hard-drive/5709a458-e6ac-40cd-90d4-e8a45ddaa3a6
  10. Hard drive unknown, not initialized

Hard drive unknown, not initialized: Yesterday while using my computer my secondary drive / storage drive disappeared. I can see it in Disk Management, but I tried to use MiniTool, but it cannot see the drive. I have attached a screen shot for more info. Is it KIA or recoverable long enough to save a couple...