Windows 10: hard disk drives D:

Discus and support hard disk drives D: in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i got pc and when i go look to hard disk my C: is full so how do i add D: because C: is the only 1 that i got on here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SqxzYT, Dec 12, 2020.

1. SqxzYT Win User

hard disk drives D:

i got pc and when i go look to hard disk my C: is full so how do i add D: because C: is the only 1 that i got on here

:)

SqxzYT, Dec 12, 2020

2. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 12, 2020
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Jess Bor Win User

hard disk drives D:

HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

hard disk drives D:

1. hard disk drives D: - Similar Threads - hard disk drives

2. Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.: I was out of station for a few days and now after I came back and booted my pc it was taking too long and after boot up there was only C drive visible in My explorer my D &E drives were not there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and...
  3. Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.: I was out of station for a few days and now after I came back and booted my pc it was taking too long and after boot up there was only C drive visible in My explorer my D &E drives were not there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and...
  4. Hard disk Drive D and E not visible.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D: I cant access my external drive and it shows as local disk D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-shows-up-as-local-disk-d/ea2327aa-81a2-488d-9d37-f833daab3f4b
  6. D hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D hard drive: I would like to know if my D hard drive is able to install games such as fps shooter like ,warzone ,valorant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-hard-drive/568cdfd3-bbe6-4b8a-8df4-8ee4e16fe0f8
  7. Disk Drive D

Disk Drive D: Drive (D:) is low on memory space . How do I free up storage space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d/2f745c9e-c99d-4bea-a2c9-ba8647dc4e85
  8. Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!: Hello, I opened my laptop today to find that both of my drives (D:) and (E:) are suddenly gone. (D:) had had around 800 GB on (D:) and most of my games. I tried to do system restore (and even created one about a month ago) but it disappeared too. I have updated...
  9. Disk Drive D

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Drive D: I keep getting a message on my computer that local disk drive D is full however It doesn't show anything to get rid of in that disk drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/disk-drive-d/acf134eb-bb3f-4828-857c-02b6e81e6825
  10. Can not find D hard drive in disk defragment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not find D hard drive in disk defragment: I can find my SSD as my C: but for some reason my D: will not show up on the list. I ran a chkdsk and it can find and analyze D Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 976629759 KB total disk space. 491134428 KB in...