Windows 10: Hard disk drives disappearing

Discus and support Hard disk drives disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two hard disk's on my laptop one of them keeps disappearing and coming back randomly. My D, E and F drive keeps disappearing and comes back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NikhilCariyappa, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Hard disk drives disappearing

I have two hard disk's on my laptop one of them keeps disappearing and coming back randomly. My D, E and F drive keeps disappearing and comes back after many restarts. The Disk Management solution doesn't help as the drives doesn't show up there. Please help!!!

:)

NikhilCariyappa, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Jess Bor Win User

HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Jun 12, 2020
  3. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Tunafiesh Win User

Hard disk drives disappearing

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

I could not found my hard drive list disk, only my working ones. I tried following the steps anyway and nothing changed.

Tunafiesh, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Hard disk drives disappearing

1. Hard disk drives disappearing - Similar Threads - Hard disk drives

2. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disk drive disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk drive disappearing: My disk drive keeps vanishing at a random point in time within 1- 30 min after I fully shut down and restart my computer. the data still exists on the computer and the drive, its just not accessible by me or my programs. I've tried a bunch of things so far, but I'm very...
  6. Disk drive disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk drive disappeared: Yesterday I was opening my laptop and for the first time it took so long in the logo screen, took about 5 mins just to start up, and then my shortcuts weren't working since disk drive D isn't recognized by windows at all, disc management, device manager it wasn't there I even...
  7. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  8. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...
  9. hard disk disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk disappearing: Hi there,, I have two internal hard disks and in one of them I installed windows 10.. in the other I have my other data it is 1 TB seagate hard drive. This seagate hard drive is disappearing even when I download a file.. the error "drive is not found" is coming. so I always...
  10. Virtual drive on Hard Disk disappears after rebooting…….

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual drive on Hard Disk disappears after rebooting…….: …even after doing “Attach VHD” in Disk Management (before rebooting). After rebooting, each time I have to repeat to process of “Attach VHD” to see the drive in Explorer. And also, when I see it, I can see it only under “This PC” in the Explorer and not in the folder I placed...