Windows 10: Hard Disk Error No codes)

Discus and support Hard Disk Error No codes) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Its a bad title for a topic but read it out and HELP... I need all my data back.... this D: drive is my game and anime all stored inside I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Takemi Shino, May 20, 2017.

1. Hard Disk Error No codes)

Its a bad title for a topic but read it out and HELP... I need all my data back....

this D: drive is my game and anime all stored inside

I was playing a game and halfway through the game it crashed
    now back in windows, I re-launch the game (Its in drive D: not the main C: drive) ... this time it loads halfway then it hangs. I restarted the computer just in case. Well the main C: drive with windows loads fine.. except the D: Drive. Yes, windows cannot seem to detect it.

The troubleshooting's and what I noticed are below.

1) The system is restarted. Prior to loading windows , a prompt popped stating that the D: drive which is the hard disk containing the game suddenly requires a repair so I click that away and it goes into windows so far so good.

2)I tried booting up the game again but the same thing happens and it hangs halfway again. I decided to do a disk repair since there was a prompt earlier. After a while everything completed , so I restarted the computer however, the computer suddenly hangs at the restart screen..
    so I hit the reset button. Windows boots up now after the reset button was pressed... all seems good except for the fact that after a disk repair and a forced restart windows cannot seem to find the disk drive of D: .. I tried checking in BIOS and nothing was detected.

Now I goto my device manager.. and there is an un-initialized disk.. I tried to intiallize that but it fails to do so... can someone tell me what is going on??

thing to note that this disk was bought recently (like few months ago) and had no issues until today...

:)

Takemi Shino, May 20, 2017

2. regarding windows 10 update

Hi

last sentence have some code 0x80070422. Is this is a error code? If yes, then error code is showing. One more question, if I download windows update trouble shooter, will it damage the previous update , and will it harm the stored entities on my hard disk.

shekharkumar1, May 20, 2017
  3. Protik Win User
    Frequent BSOD after moving Windows 10 to SSD (minidump files attached)

I tried to do a startup recovery using the method you suggested and the startup recovery failed. I got the following in the SrtTrail.txt file:

Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log

---------------------------

Number of repair attempts: 1

Session details

System Disk =

Windows directory = E:\Windows

AutoChk Run = 0

Number of root causes = 1

Test Performed:

Name: Check for updates

Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

Time taken = 0 ms

Test Performed:

Name: System disk test

Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

Time taken = 125 ms

Root cause found:

A hard disk could not be found. If a hard disk is installed, it is not responding.

That is really weird. I can see the hard disk when Windows is booted.

Protik, May 20, 2017
  4. Hard Disk Error No codes)

now its worse.. the main hard disk of C: suddenly dies off..

what is going on here... all this hardware was working for the past few months.. and within a few hours it completely dies off...

can anyone help diagnose?? PLEASE...

Takemi Shino, May 20, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    If it's not detected in the BIOS then look at the cables remove d for a start make sure connection for c are tight get that working if it's still a problem get a new cable

Samuria, May 20, 2017
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Is Drive D on a separate partition, or a second hard disk drive?

7. tried that ... no go.... the second hard disk cannot be found

Takemi Shino, May 21, 2017
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Hard Disk Error No codes)

Can you open up the PC and disconnect the second hard drive?
    Disconnect both the power and data cables. Then see if the PC will start normally.

Also, please stop thrashing about. If you had initialized the drive you would have deleted all the data from the partition table.

9. it did start without the second disk .. strangely enough when i put the cable for number 2 in bios detected the 2nd disk but could not boot to windows...

when reset another time... it totally did not detect the disk and did not move to windows.

10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    So make sure that all is good with your Windows installation. Start correctly, programs run, no issues.

As for the second hard drive, if your PC runs well without it, but these problems begin when you hook it up, then that is a pretty good indication that it is about to fail mechanically.

Have you got backups of all the data on that disk?

11. well yes i do have backups ... most of it is on the cloud storage like google drive and mega..

as for the faliure. .i believe that if its under warranty... i can get a replacement right??

12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Yes, if under warranty.
    Most of the time they will just replace the drive no questions asked. So it would not be completely necessary to test it to make sure it is bad. So if you don't need it right away and don't want to do diagnostics then you could just set up the RMA and send it back.

If you are curious or just want to know you could download a diagnostic testing program from the manufacturer's website and run it on the drive (if it will run).
    Just be aware that when dealing with a failing hard drive there is going to be just one last time it will run before it blinks out for good. You may have reached that point already. But if you needed to get data off the drive you would not want to waste that last opportunity testing it.

Thema:

Hard Disk Error No codes)

1. Hard Disk Error No codes) - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Error

2. Hard disk, Sector errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk, Sector errors: Hi,I see some 3 bad sector errors in my hard disk.. what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-sector-errors/77709397-fe1c-4d38-ad1a-a08c5ec9176d
  3. Hard Disk Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Error: It happened just a few days ago. I restarted my PC and was faced with a screen saying it was Repairing or Fixing drive E. It took too long so I restarted my PC again and windows came up with no problembecause I installed my windows on my SSD and everything else on Hard Drive,...
  4. Hard disk error

Hard disk error: Hey Am having issues, i just force shut my system down, and power it again and i saw an erroe message "S.M.A.R.T bad press f1 to resume". Please what does that mean. The system is working fine and i have not use the system up to one year. Asus laptop. 4GB ram, 2.0Ghz,...
  5. Hard Disk Error

Hard Disk Error: Good afternoon My computer has been having a blue screen since last week, out of the blue. Before it happens there are clicking sounds on the right side of it followed by the sound something makes when you turn it off. It stays alert for like 5 seconds before it does this...
  6. Hard Disk Partition Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Partition Error: Hai, After Update from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I can't Partition my C Drive, which is the only drive i have. I can the make shrinking but can't assign the allocated space to any other drive, when i try to make it, it gives the error message as follows, [ATTACH]After this ,...
  7. Errors on hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Errors on hard disk: I have multiple errors on my hard disk and wish to replace my hard drive with a SSD. I want to clone my current environment--under Windows 10 PRO--and be up and running when it is installed. I used AOMEI to clone the current hard disk environment to the SSD and it fails due...
  8. Hard Disk Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Disk Error: Hard Disk Error Hard Disk 6 (3F6) (Disk tests OK in Diags but won't Boot) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-error/d1182320-c9d2-4f43-8b98-17f66d446577
  9. HARD DISK WITH ERRORS

HARD DISK WITH ERRORS: Windows detected a hard disk problem. The following was included: Disk Name: WDC WD10s21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB; Volume: C:\D:\ Do you know what this is indicating?...
  10. Check (errors) hard disk

Check (errors) hard disk: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam please be nice to help me in connection with my laptop hard drive. What settings can I give to check it out and see if it has errors and set it up for hours of operation. Thank you! Wait for response! A wonderful day!...