Windows 10: Hard disk file missing CHKDSK

Discus and support Hard disk file missing CHKDSK in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I am unable to access my data. the folder shows 0 Kb. I am also unable to access the FOUND.000, it shows access denied inspite of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SumukheeSumukhee, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Hard disk file missing CHKDSK

Hello all,

I am unable to access my data. the folder shows 0 Kb. I am also unable to access the FOUND.000, it shows access denied inspite of providing full control.

Following log snapshot for reference.

Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot.

Checking file system on \Device\HarddiskVolume14
    Volume label is PHOTOS BACKUP-04-07-2018_1.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    Attribute record of type 0x80 and instance tag 0x1 is cross linked
    starting at 0x6386d4b for possibly 0x1dd4 clusters.

Found corrupt basic file structure for "\ .NEF <0x1,0x7819>" ... repaired online. Attribute record of type 0x80 and instance tag 0x1 is cross linked starting at 0x6381ec9 for possibly 0x1a25 clusters.

:)

SumukheeSumukhee, Oct 25, 2018

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Hard disk failure

Hi Asad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Check Disk and check if that helps. Follow the steps below.

Run a Check Disk on the drive.

You can perform a check disk to spot any error in your hard disk. To do so, right- click on the start button>select
    command prompt (admin)> type “chkdsk/f/r” and press enter.

This will display the exact errors occurring in your hard drive.

Chkdsk disclaimer.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Further you may Scan the drive and fix the errors by following the on screen instructions.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Hard disk file missing CHKDSK

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Hard disk file missing CHKDSK

1. Hard disk file missing CHKDSK - Similar Threads - Hard disk file

2. Partition Missing on Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition Missing on Hard Disk: I was trying to install a Linux partition a few days ago but I decided to back out of the whole thing mid-process, but I had already partitioned 50 GB of my 512 hard drive from the Windows OS in my hard drive knowing I had enough free space to do so. Upon returning to...
  3. Partition Missing on Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition Missing on Hard Disk: I was trying to install a Linux partition a few days ago but I decided to back out of the whole thing mid-process, but I had already partitioned 50 GB of my 512 hard drive from the Windows OS in my hard drive knowing I had enough free space to do so. Upon returning to...
  4. Hard Disk Drive Missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Drive Missing.: My Hard Disk Drive is Missing From My Laptop. Only SSD Is Shown. HDD Is not showing up In Disk Management and Device Manager. In File Explorer, Local Disk C Is Shown. Other Drives Like D, E and F are Missing. Even My Boot Is Slowed Down. Please Help Me ASAP....
  5. Hard Disk Drive Missing.

Hard Disk Drive Missing.: My Hard Disk Drive is Missing From My Laptop. Only SSD Is Shown. HDD Is not showing up In Disk Management and Device Manager. In File Explorer, Local Disk C Is Shown. Other Drives Like D, E and F are Missing. Even My Boot Is Slowed Down. Please Help Me ASAP....
  6. How to run chkdsk to repair the hard disk

How to run chkdsk to repair the hard disk: Recently one of my friends asked me about doing a disk scan because their hard disk has reduced functionality and I am asking this on behalf of him....
  7. How to run chkdsk to repair the hard disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to run chkdsk to repair the hard disk: Recently one of my friends asked me about doing a disk scan because their hard disk has reduced functionality and I am asking this on behalf of him....
  8. How to run chkdsk to repair the hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Unknown file on hard disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown file on hard disk: I have a file on hard disk. The name of the file is frightfuldrinkpgroom.exe. What is this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unknown-file-on-hard-disk/e97d8a3b-54f0-4343-9808-2a44f23a5a0f
  10. Hard disk failed and chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk failed and chkdsk?: I have a disk that mainly contains data files. My disk have bad sectors and some of the files cannot be moved to another disk (it will stuck when moving and never complete 100%), most files are still normal (can read/edit/move). My Macrium reflect software is unable to do a...