Windows 10: HARD DISK FULL

Discus and support HARD DISK FULL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My hard disk is full, I've tried different normal methods of getting rid of files, picture, etc. and nothing happened, I think I need a deep hard disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IleanaCabanas, Aug 27, 2018.

1. HARD DISK FULL

My hard disk is full, I've tried different normal methods of getting rid of files, picture, etc. and nothing happened, I think I need a deep hard disk cleanup, how can I do that ?? thank you very much.

:)

IleanaCabanas, Aug 27, 2018

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Hard Disk Failure : Event ID 13150

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type "Troubleshooting" in the Search box from the desktop and click "Troubleshooting".
    • Click on "View all" from the left pane and select "Hardware and Devices".
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be
    lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check if the issue resolved.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

HARD DISK FULL

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

HARD DISK FULL

1. HARD DISK FULL - Similar Threads - HARD DISK FULL

2. Disk "full"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk "full"?: Hello,My C: disk is currently full 85.2/90.8 GB and while I'm going through the disk to delete unused files, it appears that all of the files in the disk only take 66.5 GB 67.2 GB size on disk. When I went to Settings > System > Storage, the Apps & features section shows that...
  3. Disk "full"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk "full"?: Hello,My C: disk is currently full 85.2/90.8 GB and while I'm going through the disk to delete unused files, it appears that all of the files in the disk only take 66.5 GB 67.2 GB size on disk. When I went to Settings > System > Storage, the Apps & features section shows that...
  4. Hard disk full after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk full after Windows 11 upgrade: Hello TeamI have Inspiron 5370 with 256GB SDD. I upgraded to Windows 11 more than a month ago and i noticed that my hard disk is almost full and only 23 GB is left. I have tried the solution given in...
  5. Hard disk full after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk full after Windows 11 upgrade: Hello TeamI have Inspiron 5370 with 256GB SDD. I upgraded to Windows 11 more than a month ago and i noticed that my hard disk is almost full and only 23 GB is left. I have tried the solution given in...
  6. Hard disk full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard disk full: I am running out of hard drive space on my lap top with Windows 10. Any suggestions on how to free up space? I am looking at deleting any apps or programs not needed but wonder if there is anything else as the storage has seemed to fill up of late. thanks...
  7. hard disk drive is full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk drive is full: I am trying to free up spaces in my c drive. It seems my outlook pst file occupies a lot of space. I am trying to clear it, but still don't solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drive-is-full/90f1de05-270c-4c3a-8779-a30c0cf05194
  8. Disk Full

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Full: Hi y'all, this is my first ever Reddit post so be kind. I have just switched back to a PC after years of Mac and Chromebook. I have lots of questions about Windows but the first one is that my C drive is almost full just with the programmes the machine is running. I have...
  9. Disk Full

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Full: Hi, My hard disk is full but I can't find any large files on the drive. I have found a file called Apple that is 33GB but when I click into it says empty! What could this be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-full/e7aff23b-6141-4d40-a40e-7e83ea510502
  10. Hard drive frequently at full disk use capacity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive frequently at full disk use capacity: [img] [img] This is a common issue I am experiencing. Why is my hard drive's disk use so high? Is there anything I can do that doesn't adversely affect Windows or my computer? 68461