Windows 10: Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly

Discus and support Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I reformated by F: Drive using third party software since windows can't format it by himself. Now, my F drive icon is showing properly but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Derst, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Derst Win User

Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly

Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly [​IMG]

I reformated by F: Drive using third party software since windows can't format it by himself. Now, my F drive icon is showing properly but not those other drives i have.

:)

Derst, Dec 6, 2018

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Problems with disk drive on DELL Inspiron Computer i560-3102MNK uses Windows 7 and has 6GB Memory with 1TB Hard drive

Hello Kelly,

It is possible that the issue could be hardware-related. We'd like to know if the hard drive is still being detected from the BIOS or Disk Management. To access Disk management, please follow the steps below:

1. From the Start Menu, right-click on the Computer icon and choose Manage from the context menu.
    2. Click on Disk Management, which appears in the left-hand side under the heading Storage.
    3. The list of the hard drives available is now be visible in the center of the window.

If you're able to find the hard disk from the list, you can try to create a partition on your hard disk. Please refer to this link:
    Create a partition on a Windows 7 Hard Disk.

If you're unable to find the hard drive, it is possible that the hard drive is failing. I suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly

Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail.

And on the start menu everything looks fine.

HyperionFumed, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly

1. Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Icons

2. Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly: [img] I reformated by F: Drive using third party software since windows can't format it by himself. Now, my F drive icon is showing properly but not those other drives i have. 122960
  3. What happened with my hard disk is showing 0 bytes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened with my hard disk is showing 0 bytes?: What should I do when the hard disk is showing 0 bytes ? the files are very important to me, but how to recover? Any help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]
  4. Hard Disk

Hard Disk: Hi All.. I have installed windows 10 enterprise but i have 2 additional hard disk it shown on device manager but not in disk management i do really need some help in this regard ..i really dont know and i couldn't find any where any solution. all you tube video i see...
  5. Network hard disk not showing up after upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network hard disk not showing up after upgrade to 1803: Hello everyone, I have just updated my windows from 1703 to 1803, now I dont see my Hard disk and media WDplayer Live hub anymore. I have WDTVLive Hub connected and a harddrive. normally shows up in my windows explorer, without I have to install anything, but after upgrade I...
  6. Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar: It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps &...
  7. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...
  8. External Hard disk suddenly stopped showing in explorer

External Hard disk suddenly stopped showing in explorer: Hi everyone, I have a 1TB WD My Passport Ultra external hard disk and it was reading and writing fine until i tried to use that hard disk as a virtual drive for fresh installing Windows 10 in my laptop. I have downloaded Media Creation Tool to create bootable installation...
  9. Hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Managment" help?

Hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Managment" help?: My hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Management" but is showing under device manager. I got the hard drive from a friend and his dad had put a Password encryption on it. Any Ideas? 60253
  10. After hard reset, OS disk showing no volumes/partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    After hard reset, OS disk showing no volumes/partitions: Hi everyone, I've searched high and low on Google for the specific issue that I'm having, but I can't seem to figure this out. About a year ago, I built my own computer. I have my OS (Windows 10) installed on a Plextor M6 256 SSD. Today, for about the fourth time in a...