Windows 10: Hard disk is getting detected occasionally and disconnects in some time.

Discus and support Hard disk is getting detected occasionally and disconnects in some time. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My new hard disk was working earlier in my laptop without any issues. Now it's not even getting detected in my laptop most of the time. Sometimes its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArvindrajManoharan, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Hard disk is getting detected occasionally and disconnects in some time.

My new hard disk was working earlier in my laptop without any issues.

Now it's not even getting detected in my laptop most of the time. Sometimes its getting detected and disconnects within seconds.

The hard disk occasionally connects only in USB 2.0 and gets disconnected after a while. In USB 3.0 it connects and disconnects for every second.

In Device manager my hard disk is not getting listed and i has tried to upgrade my drivers and all my efforts didn't resolve this issue.

My hard disk is working fine in other laptop.

Laptop Details

HP Pavilion notebook

Intel i5 6200U

Windows 10 Home - Version 2004

Hard disk:

Seagate Backup plus slim USB 3.0 backward compatible with USB2.0

Please help me resolve this issue. I have tried all the possible solutions which i have found in this community and it didn't workout.

:)

ArvindrajManoharan, Jul 12, 2020

2. External Hard disk detect issue

Hello,

Let's determine the reason why your Windows 10 stopped detecting your external hard disk. To get started, we'd like to get the following information:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you tied connecting the external hard disk to a different computer? If yes, is it working?

In the meantime, let's run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter automatically detects and resolves problem with hardware and devices. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select View by: Small icons.
    • Open Troubleshooting.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Jul 12, 2020
  3. USB hard disk is getting disconnected and then reconnected with a high frequency

I am having a USB hard disk Toshiba this is getting connected and disconnected from the Windows 10 without any human intervention.

I sit on a table and chair and inserted the USB cable to my HP laptop.

Now after the hard disk is detected a small sound (some kind of notification sound from Windows plays) so I hear that sound loud.

I am copying the data and then suddenly after 5 seconds or so I hear same notification sound which comes when hardware is disconnected. Now in middle of some thing I don't do any thing here manually I again hear the same notification sound.

Like this within a minute I hear this notification sound 10 times or so each 3 seconds it disconnects and then reconnects.

This laptop hard a VMware workstation working on it so each time this will happen a popup from VMware comes up asking

you connected a external USB device what you want to do.

1) Connect to host

2) Connect to Virtual machine.

I shutdown all VMs running on this system but this problem did not go and for me it is literally unusable to use this USB hard disk.

What can I do?

datatraveler2012, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Hard disk is getting detected occasionally and disconnects in some time.

Hard drive not getting detected

<
    [table][tr][td]I have a 1.5 TB hard drive of seagate , I was copying some files and it froze , i tried 2-3 times but still the issue was there , so then I ran a hard disk error tool of the windows 7 . Left it overnight and found that it froze too . Now my hard drive is no getting detected , i cant see in the disk management too . Some times when I see it in disk manage ment it shows 0 bytes and hard disk not initialised status , Please help .[/td][/tr][/table]

AnveshKose, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Hard disk is getting detected occasionally and disconnects in some time.

1. Hard disk is getting detected occasionally and disconnects in some time. - Similar Threads - Hard disk getting

2. Internal hard disk not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal hard disk not being detected: Hi, Volume f in my laptop has a blue question mark next to it. There was a very similar question but that solution does not work form me. The hard drive that had volume f showed up in the device manager as unknown device under storage but it disappeared after i rebooted. The...
  3. external usb hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external usb hard disk not detected: my external hard disk not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-usb-hard-disk-not-detected/a54ed419-5284-4aff-9ac2-0168bc107bf2
  4. External Hard Disk not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Disk not detected: I have a WD My Passport external HDD with 1 TB capacity. When I connect it to my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't detect it however, in devices and printer, it shows the device. What can I do to have it detected?Help?...
  5. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  6. Toshiba external hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toshiba external hard disk not detected: I have a Toshiba external hard disk, model HDDR250E03X which isn't detected by my windows 10 dell laptop. The hard disk lights white when plugged in but windows doesn't show anything that indicates it's detected. What are the possible solutions? I have changed the ports,...
  7. Hard disk not detected

Hard disk not detected: WD my passport ultra is not detected in the surface 6. I checked it at device mgmt but not showing then checked it through command prompt it not showing. However once it showed the message that " Last USB device you connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise...
  8. wifi disconnects occasionally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi disconnects occasionally: Hi, I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then I find the internet wifi signal via extension booster goes down almost immediately I log on. I have to keep going into the internet access symbol, disconnect from my Hub extension then reconnect . Then it's...
  9. USB hard disk is getting disconnected and then reconnected with a high frequency

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB hard disk is getting disconnected and then reconnected with a high frequency: I am having a USB hard disk Toshiba this is getting connected and disconnected from the Windows 10 without any human intervention. I sit on a table and chair and inserted the USB cable to my HP laptop. Now after the hard disk is detected a small sound (some kind of...
  10. My hard disk is continuously getting connected and disconnected

My hard disk is continuously getting connected and disconnected: Whenever i connect my hard disk, it is continuously getting connected and disconnected. Upon checking Device manager , i found that USB mass storage driver is missing. Previously i was able to connect my hard disk and it was working fine. Now all of a sudden it is not getting...