Windows 10: Hard disk is locked with Bitlocker but keys in account are wrong

Discus and support Hard disk is locked with Bitlocker but keys in account are wrong in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My hard disk is locked with bitlocker but the keys in my microsoft account are wrong. When i enter the keys in the bitlocker recovery process, it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Micro112, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Micro112 Win User

Hard disk is locked with Bitlocker but keys in account are wrong

My hard disk is locked with bitlocker but the keys in my microsoft account are wrong. When i enter the keys in the bitlocker recovery process, it says the key you have entered is not correct. How do i get the correct keys.

I donot wish to lose my data for the mistakes of microsoft.

I have raised numerous complaints and tickets with microsoft but no body cares to even write back. My last customer ticket number is [COLOR=rgba26, 26, 26, 1]1020966924.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 26, 1]Where can i get the sensible support on this issue as the Indian support team seems to be out of knowledge on this issue.[/COLOR]

:)

Micro112, Apr 15, 2021

2. Entering correct BitLocker recovery key results in 'Failed to unlock with this recovery key'

Hi,

It is possible that the disk or the hard drive is locked out or restricted by your company's server. We would like to isolate this concern for you so we could refer you to the right TechNet forum or provide you the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Kindly
    answer these questions:

• Is your computer connected on a network domain?
    • Are you trying to recover BitLocker keys to remove them or to access then?
    • When did the issue start happening?

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Ankur1379 Win User

BitLocker - External Hard Disk

I have Western Digital Hard Disk. It is BitLocker protected. I have Key ID i.e. 7BF91855.

Is there anyway I can retrieve my bitlocker recovery key?

Ankur1379, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Hard disk is locked with Bitlocker but keys in account are wrong - Similar Threads - Hard disk locked

2. bitlocker key for extranl hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker key for extranl hard disk: Hi Team,Could you please help me with the below?I recently updated to Windows 11 and I have installed the SSD card instead of HDD. After this process when I connected to the external hard drive it asking the Bit locker key but I never gave the Bit locker key. Could you please...
  3. bitlocker key for extranl hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker key for extranl hard disk: Hi Team,Could you please help me with the below?I recently updated to Windows 11 and I have installed the SSD card instead of HDD. After this process when I connected to the external hard drive it asking the Bit locker key but I never gave the Bit locker key. Could you please...
  4. Bitlocker Key is not showing on email address - hard disk is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key is not showing on email address - hard disk is locked: my data is locked on hard drive and bitlocker key is not showing on my email. When I try to find the key they page gives me error. Anyone who knows about this problem. In dire need to get my data backup....
  5. Bitlocker Key is not showing on email address - hard disk is locked

Bitlocker Key is not showing on email address - hard disk is locked: my data is locked on hard drive and bitlocker key is not showing on my email. When I try to find the key they page gives me error. Anyone who knows about this problem. In dire need to get my data backup....
  6. My secondary Hard disk drives showing locked and asking for Bitlocker key

My secondary Hard disk drives showing locked and asking for Bitlocker key: Hi Guru's,Here is my problem.I have replaced my DELL inspiron's HDDWindows10 with SSD a year ago. Now I wanted to add my old HDD back as secondary disk using Caddy and did it. When I switch on the laptop I see the secondary HDD drives are locked and asking for a 48 digit...
  7. My secondary Hard disk drives showing locked and asking for Bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My secondary Hard disk drives showing locked and asking for Bitlocker key: Hi Guru's,Here is my problem.I have replaced my DELL inspiron's HDDWindows10 with SSD a year ago. Now I wanted to add my old HDD back as secondary disk using Caddy and did it. When I switch on the laptop I see the secondary HDD drives are locked and asking for a 48 digit...
  8. My secondary Hard disk drives showing locked and asking for Bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  10. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...