Windows 10: Hard disk is not recognized?

Discus and support Hard disk is not recognized? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello dear good question community, I have another computer problem. I own a Rambot 988B and recently I got an internal hard disk from SEAGATE. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gamingfreak9775, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Hard disk is not recognized?

Hello dear good question community,

I have another computer problem. I own a Rambot 988B and recently I got an internal hard disk from SEAGATE. I watched YouTube videos about how to set up/connect a hard drive.

I'm sure that the hard drive is properly seated in the compartment and that the SATA cables are properly connected.

However, I have the problem that my hard disk is not recognized or displayed in the disk management. Just when I wanted to assign a new drive letter to the hard disk.

I hope you can help me.

Have a nice day and thanks in advance.

PS: Operating system is Windows 10.

:)

gamingfreak9775, Sep 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing my hard disk

Hi Greg,

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Computer Management.
    • Double-click on Disk Management.
    • Check if the hard disk is detected, then proceed on creating the disk volume.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Hard disk is not recognized?

External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Hard disk is not recognized?

1. Hard disk is not recognized? - Similar Threads - Hard disk recognized

2. Windows 11 ISO cannot recognize my Hard Disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 ISO cannot recognize my Hard Disk.: Hi guys, I have a 2023 Dell laptop Inspiron 14 5430, and I'm trying to switch from Linux to Windows 11 again. But the ISO, that I downloaded on the Microsoft website, do not work properly, it can't find my disk. What can I do?Error image...
  3. Windows 11 ISO cannot recognize my Hard Disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 ISO cannot recognize my Hard Disk.: Hi guys, I have a 2023 Dell laptop Inspiron 14 5430, and I'm trying to switch from Linux to Windows 11 again. But the ISO, that I downloaded on the Microsoft website, do not work properly, it can't find my disk. What can I do?Error image...
  4. Win 10 2004 External Hard disk not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 2004 External Hard disk not recognized: Last week I got windows update to 2004 version. It showed up as optional update so i updated it. Everything was running OK, so i thought to keep the update. I realized yesterday that my external hard disk was not being recognized by windows anymore. I have an WD Easystore...
  5. Is it possible to format a hard disk that Windows 10 does not recognize?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to format a hard disk that Windows 10 does not recognize?: So the hard disk is shown in the device manager as "Unknown USB device". Since it no longer works properly I want to format it. Is that possible? Kann man eine Festplatte formatieren die Windows 10 nicht erkennt?
  6. Microsoft Store does not recognize hard disk?

Microsoft Store does not recognize hard disk?: Recently the Microsoft Store does not recognize my HDD (D:), my SSD on which Windows is installed (C:) is recognized, Can anyone explain why? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/microsoft-store-erkennt-festplatte-nicht
  7. External hard disk is not recognized?

External hard disk is not recognized?: Is recognized but not displayed in the This PC! Externe Festplatte wird nicht erkannt?
  8. Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my second hard disk: Hello I was using a Linux distribution on my primary disk SSD and using a secondary disk HDD as data storage. Today I made a fresh install of Windows 10 on the primary disk replacing the Linux OS and moved all my data to the secondary disk. After installing Windows 10, it...
  9. Hard disk drive not recognized in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disk drive not recognized in Win 10: Hi I have two hard drives one sony and a toshiba. Both these drives have stopped working since yesterday. I can't see usb mass storage driver in disk management. I tried installing it manually but couldn't....
  10. Windows10 pro 64bit will not recognize 2nd hard disk

Windows10 pro 64bit will not recognize 2nd hard disk: Hi I just upgraded my hard disk and connected the old one on second sata port. I checked in the bios and it recognised there, but windows does not find it at all, not in device manager, Disk Management or with the trouble shooter. When I boot up with a "disk repair/rescue...