Windows 10: Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage is accidentally converted to multiboot and...

Discus and support Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage is accidentally converted to multiboot and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage is accidentally converted to multiboot and all original data (about 700 GB)is removed. (Please see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rana_MIK, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Rana_MIK Win User

Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage is accidentally converted to multiboot and...

Hard disk Partition (DHard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage  is accidentally converted to multiboot and... :) for files\data storage is accidentally converted to multiboot and all original data (about 700 GB)is removed. (Please see the images below)

Now my question is: How can I go to original position( normal windows disk D) with all my data recovered because it is very very important data for me? How can I remove multiboot on this drive D without deleting my data on original hard disk D? Please help me to solve this problem urgently.

Secondly my Windows C: drive is red, Why and what is solution? Please need urgent reply.

Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage  is accidentally converted to multiboot and... e74dbb59-1e95-4592-bc20-05d06dcd6f47?upload=true.png

Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage  is accidentally converted to multiboot and... ad609e36-68d0-4cc0-9fb4-f6b9ad68c5e2?upload=true.png

Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage  is accidentally converted to multiboot and... d75f54b9-4bba-46d5-955f-942a25def918?upload=true.png

:)

Rana_MIK, Jan 15, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 15, 2019
  3. phil_745 Win User
    Hard disk partitioning

Thanks for responding. I deleted both partitions per your suggestion following step 3. Subsequent right click on unallocated section brings up only "new simple volume" choice. Right click on Disk 1 section brings up two choices: convert to Dynamic disk
    or convert to GPT disk. help?

phil_745, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage is accidentally converted to multiboot and...

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below steps to convert the RAW partition to NTFS partition.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• At the command prompt, type convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs, where drive_letter is the letter of the drive you want to convert, and then press Enter. For example,
      convert E: /fs:ntfs would convert drive E to the NTFS format.

• Type the name of the volume you want to convert, and then press Enter. You must use the existing name of the volume or the conversion will be canceled. You can view all available volumes in the
      Computer folder under Hard Disk Drives
    Notes: After you convert a partition to NTFS, you cannot convert it back. If you want to use the FAT file system on the partition again, you will need to reformat the partition, which erases all data on it.

Although the chance of corruption or data loss during a conversion is minimal, you should back up all data on the partition before you begin.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage is accidentally converted to multiboot and...

1. Hard disk Partition (D:) for files\data storage is accidentally converted to multiboot and... - Similar Threads - Hard disk Partition

2. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:: Hi, while attempting and successfully doing the fix listed in the following post: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bf - I accidentally partitioned...
  3. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:: Hi, while attempting and successfully doing the fix listed in the following post: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb5028997-instructions-to-manually-resize-your-partition-to-install-the-winre-update-400faa27-9343-461c-ada9-24c8229763bf - I accidentally partitioned...
  4. Accidentally Partitioned a Hard Drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Disk Partition

Hard Disk Partition: is this fine if i part and keep hard disk in this way? or, do i need to merge the two parts of F? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-partition/d3178c7a-6b68-4ed7-ba97-2e3ff2d5d69b
  6. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition: A day or go I got a pop up on my windows pc that asked me what I wanted to do with the storage on an external hard drive I was using. I clicked on an option that seemed to be the one where it would keep the hard drive as is but now it wont appear under devices and drives. It...
  7. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition: A day or go I got a pop up on my windows pc that asked me what I wanted to do with the storage on an external hard drive I was using. I clicked on an option that seemed to be the one where it would keep the hard drive as is but now it wont appear under devices and drives. It...
  8. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. About the partition on the hard disk after converting the hdd type

About the partition on the hard disk after converting the hdd type: Hi. I just converted my computer's hdd type from MBR to GPT. After that I set the boot priority in the BIOS more precisely to UEFI mode so that I can enter windows. After successfully logging in I found a new partition labeled Local DiskD: which is about 500mb 82mb free. And...
  10. partition D of my hard disk disappeared

partition D of my hard disk disappeared: and it become named partition E and some files of old partition E become inseted in it. OLd partition E become partition F. I downloaded lots of tv tuner software and programs from net to find correct tv tuner software. but there s now corruption and i dont know what to do...