Windows 10: Hard Disk performance degradationn by system.

Discus and support Hard Disk performance degradationn by system. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My hard disk is used approx. equally the same percent as any other app being currently used (either in background else foreground). This reduces the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AviTiwari, Sep 7, 2019.

1. AviTiwari Win User

Hard Disk performance degradationn by system.

My hard disk is used approx. equally the same percent as any other app being currently used (either in background else foreground). This reduces the performance because for even transferring a file form one partition to another in same drive speed gets reduced to 50% what it is capable of. Any application's work speed reduces to half this is the case with VS Code, Eclipse, Games, Microsoft apps etc. I tried to clean install the OS and did the same experiment in it but the scenario is the same 50% performance degradation. My system configuration and test example screenshots are attached below. Hard Disk performance degradationn by system. 8c0ec718-7f6f-4539-b446-97375f465e03?upload=true.png

Hard Disk performance degradationn by system. 59be2ccd-1135-4d37-ba4a-7f836ad594d1?upload=true.png Hard Disk performance degradationn by system. 632640c5-7b67-4f63-8fca-8d0fedbeae24?upload=true.png

:)

AviTiwari, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Sep 7, 2019
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Hard Disk performance degradationn by system.

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

I have SSD which is my main drive (OS installed) and listed as system disk and I also have another HDD which is my storage but also listed as a system disk. My question is how do I remove the hard disk as a system disk? By removing and keeping as system
    disks make a difference?

Hard Disk performance degradationn by system. c578018d-a87d-4712-8845-bebc0d621187?upload=true.png

Kerr Almario, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Hard Disk performance degradationn by system.

1. Hard Disk performance degradationn by system. - Similar Threads - Hard Disk performance

2. System Performance: Disk 100% issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Performance: Disk 100% issue: My Laptop always shows Disk as 100% in task manager and has become very slow because of that. What should be the solution to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-performance-disk-100-issue/15f2f753-bf0f-48f4-b8cb-34431ff205ac
  3. Changing Hard disk on System

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Hard disk on System: Hi. i want to change my Hard disk of laptop to SSD. Can my original windows 10 which is in Hard disk be transfered to SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-hard-disk-on-system/86730670-815e-41c9-9c0e-a588eee30727
  4. system performance

system performance: I reset windows 10 but after that also system hang. It takes time to open operation after click. Like- right button click will take much time on desktop, open any app on desktop . What should I do?...
  5. disk and cpu performance reaching 100% and system performance is too bad

disk and cpu performance reaching 100% and system performance is too bad: I tried all the solutions in YouTube and as well as in the Microsoft community website but its not showing any effect on my operating system. I changed my operating system too but still having the problem as same as before nothing changes. please help me to get rid off this...
  6. Activate option for hard disks for a better performance?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Activate option for hard disks for a better performance?: Should one activate the option for external drives, hard disks for a better performance (enables the cache, and the risk of data loss is higher) or fast removing (cache will be disabled) of the drive: [ATTACH] How much faster is it to use the better performance option,...
  7. ReFS File System on Hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ReFS File System on Hard disk: Is the ReFS file system suitable for use on the hard disk? if it matches what makes them suitable and if not, please state the reason too. Thanks. I have windows 10 education that have ReFS file system on format option and that makes me confused....
  8. System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk...."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk....": Hi, I have a laptop with a SSD. I made two logical partition C and D on a SSD, so I installed Win 10 on the C logical disk and made a backup image on the D logical disk. In win 7, I can restore my back-up image on another logical disk, but I tried to recover in Win 10. I...
  9. Extremly low performance at laptop. May be caused by hard disk

Extremly low performance at laptop. May be caused by hard disk: Hello! Lately, my laptop's performance has been really gone downhill. The disk usage rashes at 100% whenever I open a simple application or just the web (Edge). I am also experiencing daily BSOD that aren't caused by any hardware problems as my laptop's guarantee service told...
  10. System Performance

System Performance: My computer is sluggish to start doesn't seem to be booting up right. I have tried defragging, system reserve is at 18% after optimizing it drops to 9%, until you analyze it again, and then it goes right back to 18%, so its done nothing. How should I proceed with this matter....