Windows 10: Hard disk, Sector errors

Discus and support Hard disk, Sector errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I see some 3 bad sector errors in my hard disk.. what do i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GAMER'SLAPTOP, May 12, 2021.

1. Hard disk, Sector errors

Hi,I see some 3 bad sector errors in my hard disk.. what do i do?

:)

GAMER'SLAPTOP, May 12, 2021

2. hard disk bad sector repair in Windows 10

Hi Mohqasim,

Before proceeding further, please answer few queries.

1. What is the make, and model of the Computer?

2. What is the complete error message/code you receive?

As per the description, I understand that there could be some bad sector in the hard disk.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the below steps to run the check disk, and check.

1. Press Windows + X, select Command prompt(Admin).

2. Type the following command, and hit Enter.

chkdsk /r/f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Please let us know if the issue got fixed or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 12, 2021
  3. BAD SECTORS ON HDD, REFORMAT AND REINSTALL W10 FREE UPGRADE

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the response to our questions.

I suggest you to run Check disk and check if it helps. Remove your external Hard drive and perform the steps on your system:

Check disk is a utility that can check your hard drive for corrupted segments and fix them. You can refer to these steps to run the Check disk utility:

• Press Windows key + X, select “Command promt (Admin)”.

• In the command prompt window, type
      “chkdsk/r” and press Enter.

• Press “Y” when it asks if you want to check disk to run when the computer boots the next time.

• Restart the computer for Check disk to detect and repair any corrupted sectors in your hard drive.
    Important: While performing Error-checking or ChkDsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found and when attempting to repair that sector, the
    data available on that sector might b
    e lost.

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 12, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Hard disk, Sector errors

Hard Drive Condition? (Uncorrectable Sector Count)

Hi,

We suggest that you run the Check Disk Utility to further identify if your Hard Drive is having an issue. Check Disk Utility checks
    the disk surface for bad sectors and mark them. Kindly follow these steps on how to run the Check Disk Utility then rerun Speccy:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Elevated Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command:

chkdsk /r and press Enter.

chkdsk /f and press Enter.
    • If prompt with a message that says: Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N). Then press 'Y' and click Enter.
    • Restart your system and let the check disk run.

Let us know if we can assist you further about your Windows 10.

Xylee Del, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Hard disk, Sector errors

1. Hard disk, Sector errors - Similar Threads - Hard disk Sector

2. Hard drive, bad sectors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive, bad sectors: I have a HDD that has bad sectors. I plan to buy SSD to replace it. But can I still use that HDD to install games? I only plan to put the operating system in the SSD, or do you have any tips that will help to fix those bad sectors aside form chkdsk /f /r /x C: also, here is...
  3. Hard disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk error: Hey Am having issues, i just force shut my system down, and power it again and i saw an erroe message "S.M.A.R.T bad press f1 to resume". Please what does that mean. The system is working fine and i have not use the system up to one year. Asus laptop. 4GB ram, 2.0Ghz,...
  4. Hard Disk Error

Hard Disk Error: Good afternoon My computer has been having a blue screen since last week, out of the blue. Before it happens there are clicking sounds on the right side of it followed by the sound something makes when you turn it off. It stays alert for like 5 seconds before it does this...
  5. Errors on hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Errors on hard disk: I have multiple errors on my hard disk and wish to replace my hard drive with a SSD. I want to clone my current environment--under Windows 10 PRO--and be up and running when it is installed. I used AOMEI to clone the current hard disk environment to the SSD and it fails due...
  6. Hard Disk Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Disk Error: Hard Disk Error Hard Disk 6 (3F6) (Disk tests OK in Diags but won't Boot) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-error/d1182320-c9d2-4f43-8b98-17f66d446577
  7. HARD DISK WITH ERRORS

HARD DISK WITH ERRORS: Windows detected a hard disk problem. The following was included: Disk Name: WDC WD10s21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB; Volume: C:\D:\ Do you know what this is indicating?...
  8. How to make backup image of hard disk having bad sectors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to make backup image of hard disk having bad sectors: Macrium free while making image of system drive is hanging after around 80%. I cancelled the backup and it shows there are around 217 bad sectors. The back up of this hard is now very necessary as it can crash any day. Guide me how to have a successful backup of system drive...
  9. Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors: Can some one advise the best free software to repair hard disk bad sectors. It should not be a trial version for repairing only one or few bad sectors. 50493
  10. Hard Disk Warning - Reallocated Bad Sectors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Warning - Reallocated Bad Sectors.: May I get an interpretation, please? I am running HD Tune on my external drive. The health report show that I have 26 damaged sectors. That seems low, yet still unwelcome. It's a remarkable old Seagate Free Agent - a refurbished replacement as part of my original warranty...