Windows 10: Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician

Discus and support Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I run Hard Disk Sentinel Pro ver. 5.01.15 (latest is 5.30) and it runs in the background. I like it. Over the weekend I installed my first SSD that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phaedruspress, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician

I run Hard Disk Sentinel Pro ver. 5.01.15 (latest is 5.30) and it runs in the background. I like it. Over the weekend I installed my first SSD that is supported by Samsung Magician an EVO 860. I have a 250GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD that is not supported by Samsung Magician. What are the benefits of installing Samsung Magician that if I understand correctly it is software specifically made to monitor certain Samsung drives such as the EVO 860. Is installing Magician redundant if I already have HD Sentinel installed? If Magician is capable of say imaging or migrating the contents of the 860 EVO I have no need for that benefit since I have been a happy Acronis user for some time now. All though I do not know all of Magicians benefits I believe the main reason to install for me would be to monitor the health of the drive. Thanks for the help.

:)

phaedruspress, Oct 11, 2018
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Samsung Magician

Please read again what you quoted. Notice the 2TB SSD drive listed? *Wink

Here's the image of my Samsung Magician software, listing the drives...

Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician [​IMG]

And YES, my 2TB SSD drive runs all the time since it's my game drive as well as downloads and data drive. It works nearly as hard as the 950 Pro which is the OS drive.

sygnus21, Oct 11, 2018
  3. swarfega Win User
    Samsung Magician

wow, we have the same collection of drives!

Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician [​IMG]

swarfega, Oct 11, 2018
  4. DRDNA Win User

Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician

Giveaway today is Hard Disk Sentinel Standard 4.71 TODAY ONLY

Give away today is Hard Disk Sentinel Standard 4.71 TODAY ONLY
    "
    Detect Hard Drive Issues Before Catastrophe Strikes. With Hard Disk Sentinel, you'll always have a complete overview of your hard disk drive's health, so you can spot potential problems before they result in an irrecoverable data catastrophe. Hard Disk Sentinel is your key to identifying, testing, diagnosing, and repairing hard drive problems, even with Solid State Drives.

With Hard Disk Sentinel, you can instantly see reports detailing the total health of your drive, including temperature, self-monitoring data, transfer speeds, and more. Any deviation in these factors could be an early warning sign of impending drive failure! Hard Disk Sentinel also works on hard disks that are being used in external USB or e-SATA enclosures and RAID controllers. No need to use separate tools to verify internal hard disks, external hard disks, SSDs, disks in RAID arrays as these are all included in a single software."

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/hard-disk-sentinel-standard-4-60/ *74165-6b0e73eb1fc349cfd4ec85d91c727489.jpg*

Nifty little tool seems to have all the features.

DRDNA, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician

1. Hard Disk Sentinel Pro vs. Samsung Magician - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Sentinel

2. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  3. Samsung Magician Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Magician Software: Just installed a Samsung 870 EVO in my system. I was reading about the Magician software and was curious if anyone had it installed on their system and if they thought it was beneficial or not. Curious about the opinions both pro and con. 181319
  4. is it safe to use both samsung magician and hard disk sentinel

is it safe to use both samsung magician and hard disk sentinel: i have a samsung nvme ssd and a normal hdd in my laptop. i want to install both programs. i will keep hard disk sentinel running in the background the whole time. i will disable the run on startup option in samsung magician and i wont use the program and i will only use it...
  5. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: So I have 3 machines (Win10 64-bit) and with Magician 5.3.0 installed. One machine has de OP space not located at the end. I can not seem to change this. See screenshots below. Is this a problem or doesn't it matter? Thanks. [img] [img] [img] 125949
  6. Hard Disk Sentinel (& SSD) - giveaway on Sharewareonsale

Hard Disk Sentinel (& SSD) - giveaway on Sharewareonsale: See Daily free giveaways of paid apps & software | SharewareOnSale Very handy program to check/monitor your disk state. 107707
  7. Samsung Magician

Samsung Magician: I just tested Defrag for SSD on 2 devices. Either the possible other processes we talked about are so fast that I could not see what else was going on or it only did a single TRIM command. Exactly as it should be. *Smile *Ditto and garbage collection controlled by the...
  8. Samsung Magician 4.95

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician 4.95: Samsung has released a new version of Magician. All features work in Windows 10. TRIM is turned off so that Windows can perform that task. 37873
  9. Samsung Magician 4.8

Samsung Magician 4.8: Now that Samsung's Magician software is finally available for Windows 10, I have my SSD running with Rapid Mode again. I notice that the application has created a start up entry "Samsung Rapid Mode Notification Utility". This places an icon in the right corner of the...
  10. Samsung Magician

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung Magician: Samsung Magician Version 5.2 [img] http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201707/20170726234338606/Samsung_New_Magician_Installation_guide.pdf ***Important information, please read the pdf*** *Smile Ya'lls truly Cliff [/quote] One thing I hope is, Samsung gets...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung hard disk sentinel