Windows 10: Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...

Discus and support Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My hard disk is saying only 274gb free of 471.If allocated is 102.3gb then I should have 368gb free space where is the difference in space going for.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RithvikApr24, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...

My hard disk is saying only 274gb free of 471.If allocated is 102.3gb then I should have 368gb free space where is the difference in space going for.I am running in admin mode

:)

RithvikApr24, Dec 8, 2022

2. Unable to allocate memory on hard drive with error message: "No space available"

To mirror the drive I used an Apricorn USB adapter to externally mirror to an internal hard drive. In the Disk Management, I see an unallocated partition, which is about half the drives size, my C: drive, and three 'healthy' partitions. I was attempting
    to allocate more memory through the Disk Management, then I saw online that you can do it through CMD, so I tried that, which gave the error that it was an invalid process. The program to mirror is "
    EZ Gig IV Cloning Software with Data Select for Windows" when attempting to use Disk Management to allocate the memory it gives the error "There is not enough space available on the disk to complete this operation." This error is
    still given after reducing the size by half.
    Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not... 883bd8f0-64c6-41d0-9c84-f5248bcdb595.png

Disk 1 is an external Hard Drive and Disk 0 is the cloned Hard drive.

JoshuaEmmel, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...

Reduce disk size (Inspect SCSI )

Hi, I'm David an independent advisor and user just like you. I'll do my best to help you with this.

The answer is you have to reduce the size on BOTH sides.

Step 1) Within you virtual machine you need to go to Disk Management and reduce the size of the partition(s) on the drive you want to reduce - you want to end up with space left at the "end" of the virtual disk. This is the space you'll be able to recover.

Step 2) From your Hyper-V host you need to edit the virtual disk and use the Shrink option to reduce the size of the physical disk (as far as your VM is concerned it's a physical disk), and that would reduce the size of your virtual disk file on the host.

If you are increasing the size of the virtual disk then you do it the other way round - increase the size of the virtual disk on Hyper-V, then go to Disk Management inside your virtual machine and you'll find there's more space available to expand your virtual
    volume.

Regards,

David

David Spink, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...

1. Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not... - Similar Threads - Hard disk space

2. Why my available size allocated space is too small?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my available size allocated space is too small?: Anyone please help me. Why is my available size for shrinking space is too small it is around 15gb even though i have 638 gb of free space on my disk?...
  3. Why my available size allocated space is too small?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my available size allocated space is too small?: Anyone please help me. Why is my available size for shrinking space is too small it is around 15gb even though i have 638 gb of free space on my disk?...
  4. Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk space reducing everyday.Tree view allocated size and free space available not...: My hard disk is saying only 274gb free of 471.If allocated is 102.3gb then I should have 368gb free space where is the difference in space going for.I am running in admin mode...
  5. Size of available shrink space does not equate Free Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Size of available shrink space does not equate Free Space: I have an HP Pavilion Notebook with a SAMSUNG 870 EVO SATA SSD 500GB 2.5” as Internal Solid State Hard Drive. I am trying to shrink my primary Partition and create 100gb of unallocated space. In the File Explorer it shows that i have 133 GB of free space but when i try to...
  6. Size of available shrink space does not equate Free Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Size of available shrink space does not equate Free Space: I have an HP Pavilion Notebook with a SAMSUNG 870 EVO SATA SSD 500GB 2.5” as Internal Solid State Hard Drive. I am trying to shrink my primary Partition and create 100gb of unallocated space. In the File Explorer it shows that i have 133 GB of free space but when i try to...
  7. Size of available shrink space does not equate Free Space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Allocating Disk Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocating Disk Space: I allocated 1 terabyte to PopOS but I decided I don't like it much. How do I reallocate the space back to windows? submitted by /u/Lawfulness_Negative [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k102ok/allocating_disk_space/
  9. Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Allocating free disk space without creating dynamic disk: Hi, I bought a new larger HDD and have cloned my original drive, which I intend to format and use elsewhere. The new drive has a boot partion C with Windows on it, as well as 1 TB of unallocated space. I want to create a new partition with that space, but when I attempt to...
  10. Allocating Hard Drive Space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Allocating Hard Drive Space: Lets start from the beginning. I dropped my computer about a month ago and the hard drive started to fail on me so i shut the computer down for a while, got a new hard drive, and used a dock like thing to clone the stuff from my dying hard drive to my new one. my issue now is...