Windows 10: Hard disk space

Discus and support Hard disk space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 . The machine came with 2 x 500Gb hard disks,. One disk failed, so I replaced it with a 1Tb drive. I have just replaced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodneyMitchell1, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Hard disk space

I am running Windows 10 . The machine came with 2 x 500Gb hard disks,. One disk failed, so I replaced it with a 1Tb drive. I have just replaced the other drive with a 1Tb drive and expected the PC to show that storage had increased. However, it hasn't.
    What do I need to do to access the full 1Tb space on the drives?

Thanks

:)

RodneyMitchell1, Nov 6, 2018

2. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Hard disk space

The first and most obvious reason you don’t have access to all your hard drive space is that there’s a significant piece of software installed on it already: your operating system. Unless you specifically selected a “no OS” model, it will come pre-installed
    with something.

Another place your hard drive space might have gone is to a manufacturer-created disk partitions. In years past, a new computer commonly came with one (or a whole book full of) CDs containing software, including a recovery disk. In the event of a total meltdown
    of your machine, you could boot from this drive and restore your computer to an right-out-of-the-box state.

Other possible reasons including hidden partitions, unpartitioned hard disk space, system protection takes up much space and many others. check out

this tutorial
    to see how to solve it step by step.

Hope it is helpful.

PeterPeng3, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Maria Fab Win User

Hard disk space

Hard Disk Space getting Full

Hello Prempeh,

There are a lot of factors as to why the hard drive is getting full. To verify, may we know what is the make and model of your PC?

Meanwhile, check the suggestions provided in these articles on how to free up some drive space on your PC. See
    Free up drive space in Windows 10 and
    Disk cleanup in Windows 10. Follow the steps provided.

Kindly update us with the results. We'll be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Maria Fab, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Hard disk space

1. Hard disk space - Similar Threads - Hard disk space

2. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space: Help with this problem please:Windows can't be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is an EFI system partition ESP...
  3. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space: Help with this problem please:Windows can't be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is an EFI system partition ESP...
  4. Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Maximizing available disk space on a hard-drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Maximizing available disk space on a hard-drive.: This discussion is primarily intended to discuss: 1. Maximizing available disk space. 2. What to do with a MFG Recovery Partition and the importance of backing it up or not-should it be removed? 3. When, if ever, 3rd-party Partition Management can help. 4. When should a...
  6. hard disk space windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard disk space windows 10: what is the requirements for disk space for windows 10 and additional space for feature updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-space-windows-10/e95ed33e-11ab-4427-b7b3-71e4dfc15d39
  7. Hard Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Disk Space: Hello, my hard drive SSD is filling up, and I would like to know what is the best way to get free space with out problems. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-space/2ec660fc-3503-40ea-8d78-9a08b9f669a7"
  8. hard reset low disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard reset low disk space: i am trying to hard reset my lenovo miix 320 on windows 10 but each time it comes up an error messsaage saying there isnt enough disk space, ive done recommended things uninstalled apps disk degradmenter threre is nearly 32gb free storage so unsure why this is happening. is...
  9. Hard disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk space: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS420 desktop. The machine came with 2 x 500Gb hard disks, which were set up in Raid Mirror. One disk failed, so I replaced it with a 1Tb drive. I have just replaced the other drive with a 1Tb drive and expected the PC to show that storage...
  10. hard disk space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard disk space: my 1tb disc is almost full and I need to know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-space/20210a12-f63b-44de-bda0-784848ebd8be