Windows 10: Hard Disk Troubleshooting

Discus and support Hard Disk Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Laptop/Notebook Hello i'm having problems getting my hard-disk/hard-drive to work on my hp notebook. I've tried everything that I can think of, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by G_Way12194, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Hard Disk Troubleshooting

Laptop/Notebook

Hello i'm having problems getting my hard-disk/hard-drive to work on my hp notebook. I've tried everything that I can think of, I have tried all the BIOS and other advanced boot options as well. I've gotten into it a few times but shutdown the system and on boot up it went back to not being able to detect hard disk or detect software on the hard disk.(EVERY TIME I HAVE GOTTEN IT TO WORK LEGACY MODE WAS ACTIVATED) When i managed to get into the hard disk it was saying i had a counterfeit version of windows and to go online for a update but none of my drivers seemed to work, i couldn't even connect to the internet in-order to try to update them. My notebooks original hard disk was equipped with windows 10 factory but the hard-disk i'm using on it is only windows 7, yes its old but it will work i just have to find a way to get back into it and then update it. i will give more details at the bottom about my pc and the pc that the hard-disk came out of but long story short my pc is a Hp the one the hard disk came from is a dell, it had a good bit of dell programs on it that was not functional as u would imagine but i don't need any of that to work anyway i just need to format the disk and update it to windows 10, i even still have my registration key code from when i had windows 10 on the original hard-disk. The notebook use to be a hp pavilion i do believe it had a 1tb hard drive 8gb mem ram 17in touch screen amd duel core processor , but the screen had got broken and the case as well so i just have the motherboard sitting on a table top stand, i'm using it as if its a desktop at the moment but it gets the job done hook up the hdmi usb keyboard and mouse then i'm good to go beside the hard-disk issue. the hard disk i'm using now came out of a dell windows 7 home prem OA studio 1555 its about 10+ years old, i know nothing is wrong with the hard disk because it had worked on my motherboard a few times but it worked every time on the old studio but she wanted to go out on me and i just don't have the time to go over the motherboard to find and replace the bad components which isn't worth doing considering the age. well if anyone needs any more information feel free to reply i sure would appreciate the help, i must be scooting along now busy day awaits me. Farewell an happy computing y'all have a nice day!

Yours Truly,

G_WAY12194

:)

G_Way12194, Jun 19, 2019

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Jess Bor Win User
    HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Hard Disk Troubleshooting

Hard Disk Failure : Event ID 13150

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type "Troubleshooting" in the Search box from the desktop and click "Troubleshooting".
    • Click on "View all" from the left pane and select "Hardware and Devices".
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be
    lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check if the issue resolved.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Hard Disk Troubleshooting

1. Hard Disk Troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Troubleshooting

2. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk: Dear All,Recently I reinstalled my windows 11 after crashing. I had two hard disks. One is SDD which is working fine. But another hard disk is failing to initialize. I tried to initialize it, but it showed the message "a device which does not exist was specified." It would be...
  3. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk: Dear All,Recently I reinstalled my windows 11 after crashing. I had two hard disks. One is SDD which is working fine. But another hard disk is failing to initialize. I tried to initialize it, but it showed the message "a device which does not exist was specified." It would be...
  4. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk: Hello everyone?I don't know why my 2-nd hard disk not showing up after I updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.It doesn't show up even in disk management, computer management, cmd diskpart, and I tried in BIOS but I didn't fix it. I would like an answer as soon as...
  5. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk: Hello everyone?I don't know why my 2-nd hard disk not showing up after I updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.It doesn't show up even in disk management, computer management, cmd diskpart, and I tried in BIOS but I didn't fix it. I would like an answer as soon as...
  6. Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk: My hard disk is showing 4GB is used..but i haven't Installed anything in it and its totally empty I've doubt that whether it is due to any virus affect or any software problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk/121479aa-39d3-45ff-a829-d1baedd66121
  7. Hard Disk

Hard Disk: Is HDD will run slower in DVD Drive slot? I purchased a SSD, and I will replace my HDD to SSD. So I am thinking to put my HDD in DVD drive for extra storage. I have seen some people are saying the DVD drive slot is slower as compared to HDD drive slot. Can you please clear...
  8. No hard disk????

No hard disk????: So, there are many desktops not working in my school, but this is a weird one I'm talking about. It says on the screen: "Alert! No Hard disk" It's the second time it has happened. Is this a malfunction or not?...
  9. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard disk: Hello, i was wandering why my Hard disk isn't showing but it did show at the where to install my windows but now it is showing me that i have 117GB only from my ssd and my hard disk is absent. Can you please help me?...
  10. Hard Disk

Hard Disk: Hi All.. I have installed windows 10 enterprise but i have 2 additional hard disk it shown on device manager but not in disk management i do really need some help in this regard ..i really dont know and i couldn't find any where any solution. all you tube video i see...