Windows 10: hard disk working non-stop

Discus and support hard disk working non-stop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Lately I added a new WD 6TB black hard disk with a front drive - thermaltake. Only for data. no programs installed on this disk. The thermaltake has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zivshosh, May 26, 2018.

1. zivshosh Win User

hard disk working non-stop

Lately I added a new WD 6TB black hard disk with a front drive - thermaltake.
    Only for data. no programs installed on this disk.
    The thermaltake has two lights: blue - indicating that the drive is attached with a disk inside, and a red light indicating that the disk is working.
    In my case the disk is always working even when I don't address it.
    My question is why? what can I do to make the disk relaxed?
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, May 26, 2018

2. Windows 10 not recognizing my hard disk

Hi Greg,

To help resolve your concern, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Computer Management.
    • Double-click on Disk Management.
    • Check if the hard disk is detected, then proceed on creating the disk volume.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 29, 2018
  3. Hard Disk Failure : Event ID 13150

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type "Troubleshooting" in the Search box from the desktop and click "Troubleshooting".
    • Click on "View all" from the left pane and select "Hardware and Devices".
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be
    lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check if the issue resolved.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You

Anju Thekkethil, May 29, 2018
Thema:

hard disk working non-stop

1. hard disk working non-stop - Similar Threads - hard disk working

2. Web Disk stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Disk stopped working: I had a drive mapped using web disk and right in the middle of browsing folders on it, I got disconnected. I haven't been able to log into it since.I checked my password by using a web browser to go to the domain:port and I get in, so I know it's not the password.I've tried...
  3. Web Disk stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Disk stopped working: I had a drive mapped using web disk and right in the middle of browsing folders on it, I got disconnected. I haven't been able to log into it since.I checked my password by using a web browser to go to the domain:port and I get in, so I know it's not the password.I've tried...
  4. Non-system sounds stops working after non use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-system sounds stops working after non use: submitted by /u/handy54321 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v67akn/nonsystem_sounds_stops_working_after_non_use/
  5. external hard disk drive is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard disk drive is not working: I have a Lenovo e470 laptop with windows 10 pro 1909 version OS. It is an office laptop hence it has certain security locks and administrative set ups. Now the issue is...I have a Seagate 1TB HDD which I have been using on this laptop for the last 4+ years. Suddenly since...
  6. BIOS stops with "Hard Disk Failure Imminent"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS stops with "Hard Disk Failure Imminent": This subject already on this Community Site but all threads appear to be closed without satisfactory answers. I have therefore opened a new question with a similar heading. My problem like others is that the BIOS hangs immediately before it transfer control to the Windows 10...
  7. Non-System DIsk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-System DIsk: I'm using a ASUS TUF505DD-AL040, and decided to upgrade my hard drive, I installed it and used a boot key to reinstall windows 10. I got a "Non-system Disk " error and it seems I can't install windows. I tried to reinstall my old hard drive who still got windows 10 on it and...
  8. Hard disk not working

Hard disk not working: My hard is not being detected by my pc since I have connect my original Xbox IDE hard disk to my pc. I have tried changing Sata cables but still it wont work and yes my Sata cable work on other drives. my pins are all Ok no broken. i also have not opened my hard disk. so...
  9. Search not working on external hard disk

in Cortana
    Search not working on external hard disk: All my files are visible in (and are opening from) the file explorer window on my external hard drive. [ATTACH] But when I try to search for a file (even when I can see it) from the search box of file explorer window, it says "No items match your search". [ATTACH] But...
  10. Stop Hard Disk Scanning Loop

Stop Hard Disk Scanning Loop: Hello. Three days ago, at startup, the screen of my Dell laptop was showing blue with a warning that some hard disk sectors may be damaged, and that the system would perform a scan. Scanning started and a few hours later the laptop switched off itself. I rebooted but I...