Windows 10: Hard Disk

Discus and support Hard Disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is HDD will run slower in DVD Drive slot? I purchased a SSD, and I will replace my HDD to SSD. So I am thinking to put my HDD in DVD drive for extra... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MD Danish Khan, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Hard Disk

Is HDD will run slower in DVD Drive slot?

I purchased a SSD, and I will replace my HDD to SSD. So I am thinking to put my HDD in DVD drive for extra storage.

I have seen some people are saying the DVD drive slot is slower as compared to HDD drive slot.

Can you please clear my doubt?

:)

MD Danish Khan, Jun 8, 2020

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Jess Bor Win User

Hard Disk

HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Hard Disk

1. Hard Disk - Similar Threads - Hard Disk

2. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my hard disk broken: Hello Microsoft community, it's VinciMan here and i recently had a blue screen on my laptop, tried many YouTube tutorials to fix but none worked, still got the error log file d /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt. Finally found a video with the " solution" to format...
  3. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my hard disk broken: Hello Microsoft community, it's VinciMan here and i recently had a blue screen on my laptop, tried many YouTube tutorials to fix but none worked, still got the error log file d /windows/system32/logfiles/srt/srttrail.txt. Finally found a video with the " solution" to format...
  4. Is my hard disk broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors: Hi My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors what I need to doCheck the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internal-hard-disk-is-showing-dynamic-errors/4c83fae9-5bcb-46d8-af03-2b89ca801294
  6. My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors

My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors: Hi My Internal hard disk is showing Dynamic Errors what I need to doCheck the image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internal-hard-disk-is-showing-dynamic-errors/4c83fae9-5bcb-46d8-af03-2b89ca801294
  7. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7: I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC...
  8. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7: I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC...
  9. My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???: When I connect the external disk drive to my computer or laptop, the external hard disk drive is still recognised but the folder I used to have to go into to access all my folders is gone. When I go to properties it shows as the space available is still the same as before...
  10. My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???: When I connect the external disk drive to my computer or laptop, the external hard disk drive is still recognised but the folder I used to have to go into to access all my folders is gone. When I go to properties it shows as the space available is still the same as before...