Windows 10: Hard drive activity when windows locked ?

Discus and support Hard drive activity when windows locked ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just left my laptop and lock the windows, and i notice the hard drive indicator light on my laptop keep on and turn off when i unlock the windows, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikelferdinan, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Hard drive activity when windows locked ?

I just left my laptop and lock the windows, and i notice the hard drive indicator light on my laptop keep on and turn off when i unlock the windows, i check the task manager and nothing running its show 0% disk usage, and i check my hard drive temp is 48c. What actually happening in background while my windows locked, is windows defrag running ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Sep 13, 2019
  2. little cat, Sep 13, 2019
  3. GKing Win User
    Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Sep 13, 2019
  4. $immond$ Win User

Hard drive activity when windows locked ?

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Hard drive activity when windows locked ?

1. Hard drive activity when windows locked ? - Similar Threads - Hard drive activity

2. Why hard drive is active when not being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why hard drive is active when not being used.: On my Dell XPS 8950 Pc with win 11, I was working with a project where the files are on an internal drive, I. I kept hearing all this disk activity and felt one of my external drives, B, and it was the source. I looked in task manager and saw that its activity was about 33%,...
  3. Why hard drive is active when not being used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why hard drive is active when not being used.: On my Dell XPS 8950 Pc with win 11, I was working with a project where the files are on an internal drive, I. I kept hearing all this disk activity and felt one of my external drives, B, and it was the source. I looked in task manager and saw that its activity was about 33%,...
  4. hard drive active 100% when no programs are running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive active 100% when no programs are running: Why is my hard drive active 100% when the task manager shows no programs running?My computer use to boot in a few minutes cold boot, now it takes about 10 - 15 minutes to cold boot.These problems began manifesting when I began running the latest Win 10 Home premium...
  5. Bitlocker activated when hard drive replaced, now has locked up drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker activated when hard drive replaced, now has locked up drive: My laptop was purchased in 2019 with Windows 10 Home, which doesn't include Bitlocker, so when I registered with Microsoft 365, there was no Bitlocker key assigned . While under warranty, SSD C drive failed, so asurion replaced it, but loaded a different Windows 10 product...
  6. hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive is locked: After the last win update my hard drive with the operating system is locked. How can I unlock the hard drive? I've tried in Command Prompt. It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-is-locked/fdb8b2a1-fd87-4b1e-b499-3fe365d30e4b
  7. Lock Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Hard Drive: Hello fellow redditors. My laptop has a 32GB SSD and 500GB Hard Drive. I've installed windows on the SSD and now I want to lock in order to not install anything else on it and allow only Windows stuff to go in it. Thanks. submitted by /u/galaxytl [link] [comments]...
  8. external hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...
  9. Hard drive gets locked.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive gets locked.: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" This is the message I got when windows 10 stopped working.. From that it said my computer has an unrepairable problem we will collect the information and restart it for you. It never did restart, so I tried with the...
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...